Do You Experience Psychic Phenomena?

Which of the following psychic phenomenon have you experienced?

• I know who is on the phone before I pick it up (without caller ID!)

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • I know the unknowable: I know the future, secret things about others, or other types of "knowing."

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • My psychic "knowing" almost always turns out later to be true.

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • I speak directly with god(s)/angels or I've heard/talked with demons.

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • I see dead people. Sometimes I might even talk with them.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I can physically affect objects, like bend spoons or move pencils.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I'm electrical. Watches stop or run oddly, I short out things, lights go haywire, or I shock people.

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • I see auras around people. I feel their vibration or frequency, or I can see into their soul.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I've seen UFO's or encountered aliens.

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 46 46.5%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

This is very Interesting, sometimes I do predict things before they happen, but it's not on a daily basis or like a Nostradamus thing... lol
Here's something I'll never forget I experienced, 2 friends was with me.
I never believed in UFO's really until 1998!
Remind you in '98 my seizures wasn't as frequent, I was healthier and only 19.
I was with 2 friends, we were driving down these back roads like well, teenagers do... no drinking, no pills, no drugs lol, only thing we had in us was Mountain Dew and Nicotine...
Well, My friends Jeremy and David was with me, Jer drove, I was in the passenger seat and David was in the backseat.
On this road, which was in Tennessee, USA... there was this field on the side there, we were just talking, listening to music, then Jer seen this thing up in the sky... it was cigar shaped, not disc shaped! It looked like honestly the ship off star trek far away, it made no sound, it had lights that blinked real fast, and it had this heavy red glow around it... we pulled over, we looked at it for at least 45 seconds to a minute and we couldn't talk, it was captivating... SOMETHING I'LL NEVER FORGET! It was sitting still, hovering not moving, all of a sudden it flashed and just streaked away... it was something I or Jer and Davis never seen before... I would have given anything if we had cell phones back then with cameras or digital cameras... I know it's a hard story to believe, but it was a mind blower...
So I have seen a UFO... and it's a good thing I had 2 friends with me... or I would have checked myself in lol...

After I seen this, Ezekial in the Bible suppose to have had epilepsy, he experienced these kinds of encounters just to note...

So I put UFO, I have seen ghosts, or maybe it was??
BUT THIS BY FAR WHAT WE SEEN WAS JUST SOMETHING I'LL OR JER AND DAVE WILL NEVER FORGET... Jeremy and David, the 2 friends with me don't have Epilepsy... well, Jeremy has had a seizure but from stress he says...

Has anyone else seen a UFO??
Just curious.

Billy
:woot:

lol, now I'm thinking back to that day... shivers....**

I agree though endless.

I think that Epilepsy opens another gateway. They always say that you have 5 main senses and then your "gut feeling" "intutition" "Instinct" "spidey sense" and that when a seizure opens the floodway all that comes pouring out. and its alot more than just a feeling, its a knowing. and a responding to the world around you and it responds back.

I am really big into everything working as one. everything has energy and that energy is availble to everyone who is open to it.

:agree:
I have to agree!
Billy.

These aren't as impressive as what you all have been saying, but here goes:

Growing up, I used to reenact the Revolutionary and Civil Wars in a fife and drum corps (played bass drum, w00t!). Well, when I was in ninth grade our school used to have fun days where everyone would dress up--like funny hat day and mismatch day, etc. Well, nobody ever told me when these things were going on, so I would always miss it. One day I had the strongest urge to wear my Revolutionary War uniform to school. I talked myself out of it, and settled for wearing my Civil War belt, since it passes for normal. It turns out, I should have worn the uniform--it was Pilgrim Day!

I have had several premonitions like that, but never bothered telling anyone.

Also, I have a form of savant-ism called Synesthesia. Music, numbers, letters, words, days of the week, months of the year, names, feelings--they all have their own color. There are several different types of Synesthesia, too, like being able to see people's auras, as some people here described. http://web.mit.edu/synesthesia/www/

Last edited:
I'm not going to get into any of the things that have happenned to me right now because what I'm fixated on is when I went into the school today, my boy who has epilepsy and in special needs, a teacher in robotics told me that he just may be a genius at this. He is 12. 13 in a month. So many things he can not do, but he can build and program robots.

Still Dancing, have you seen the movie mercury rising? if not check it out. its about a special needs boy that can crack government level codes.

It is said that people with autism and other brain disorders are using different parts of their brains to compensate for the losses in other parts. So, while your child may be verbally (? just an example) delayed, logically he is well beyond his years because his brain uses that part more.

I had a friend whose sister was severely autistic, but this girl, even at nine could play anything on the piano by ear once she heard the song. She would also draw amazing pictures from her mind or memory. usually starting in a random spot (like drawing a foot first instead of a head). This girl would also "talk" and laugh and "paly" with other kids nobody else could see. It was only one night when I had a sleep over in their basement that me and my friend saw two children standing in the shadows for a split second that we assume she was "seeing" these kids.

Also, I have a form of savant-ism called Synesthesia. Music, numbers, letters, words, days of the week, months of the year, names, feelings--they all have their own color. There are several different types of Synesthesia, too, like being able to see people's auras, as some people here described. http://web.mit.edu/synesthesia/www/

I have a form too according to the site. I can "project" a calander. Like thinking about the time frame I typicall see the calander like a ring and the current day is where i stand in the ring. Its not there all the time, just when I need to think about it.

Has anyone else seen a UFO??
Just curious.

Yup. I was about 10 years old or so. We were playing with a friend who lived down at the end of our street. This street was real steep and long. (this is the one I had my bike accident on) and it was getting dark and we were supposed to go home soon. We looked up the hill and at the top, and high in the sky (above all normal flight paths) was this huge object. it was so big we could see detail on it, even though it was super high up. It was disc shaped in the front and a triangle in the back. Very much like the star trek voyager... (lol) and it glowed purple. with this flame shooting out the bottom (it could have been another light glow reflecting off the clouds but it looked like fire) and the flame changed colours slowly from green to red to blue. and we (my sister and me and our friend) panicked and ran inside her house and hid in the coat closet. about a minute later we looked out the window and say that it was closer to us. We blinked and saw it zip fast and we ran to the window on the opposite side of the house and saw it far off in the distance. it moved at least 3 miles in a split second!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I was always musically inclined. I could pick up any instrument and play it without ever being taught. And I can read people. Almost to much. I have to get away. But if I'm away to long I go crazy. I can fit in with any type of person. And read whats going on. My son on the other hand is on the more autistic side but still he has a lot of common sense. I am becomming amazed.It's wonderful.

Interesting responses.This is the first i have ever heard of anyone having a sixth sense that goes along with epilepsy.I feel a bit left out...lol

I was fascinated by the fact that the poll on auras showed the most common aura is psychic phenomenon. So let's dig a little deeper - this really is interesting. Let's hear all about it!

I once (when too young to do it), correctly predicted the National Lottery numbers.

Another time, I found an injured pigeon who couldn't fly and made a fuss of them. During the night, I felt them on my shoulder, and even stroked the invisible pigeon, and realised the pigeon had just died.

The other day in the bookies, I was putting a bet on a virtual horse (don't do the real ones anymore) and Magic Zen was highlighted on the board for me even though in reality, there was no highlight (it also often happens with winning scratchcards), and I had a feeling that the race was fixed by the jockeys and that Magic Zen would suddenly race past the other horses close to the end and win, I even considered putting a tenner on a I was so sure in my mind that race was fixed, but didn't in the end as there is a reason I only bet on virtuals now. Right near the end, the horse wasn't doing good, until suddenly it sped up to the front and won! If I had put the bet on, at 33/1, that horse would have given me £330 (plus £10 stake back).

I've also had feelings that I should get the hell out of somewhere. In 1996, I went home from Manchester Piccadilly without finishing my shopping because of a feeling that a bomb was going to explode - and that's exactly what happened, a bomb exploded!

There was also a time me and my cousins were going to go on holiday and I had a dream that sometime during the holiday, the building was evacuated because of a suspected bomb, and that just as me and one of my cousins were stepping out the door, the bomb went off. We didn't go that year, possibly because I wasn't the only one to have that dream!!!!

There have been other occassions,for example, on Roulette in the bookies, nobody EVER wins on them in my local one yet they go on them all the time. I went on and won the first time, and the second and third, but after that I ignored my feelings and lost, was still in profit though. But I wasn't ignoring them just before Christmas, and won so many times that I was worried they'd think I was somehow cheating!

Last edited:
I used to have simple de ja vous. It's a long story, but I don't any more.
I'm sad about this because my knees still buckle, or I get a sudden case of nausea, but no longer know why.
The first time I experienced any such special sense was when my dad was in an accident at work. He was working on a power pole when it arced out and he was electrocuted. I felt him going. It was like E.T. and Elliott at the end of the movie. I got very dizzy. This is when they decided I had Epilepsy.
I wish I still had psychic ability, this unique connection with people. But I guess I was told that it was wrong for so long, that it is blocked inside. I'm afraid of what might happen should this burst forth.
So much of what I have read here makes it seem like this is common, and I am not a freak for this and other episodes like it.

I once earlier this year, had the weirdest psychic experience.
I was betting on the dog races, and lost my money. Then a mate, Nat comes in, he's only come in to put on bet on and is leaving after that he says. He is putting a dog race on, so for some reason, despite my lack of luck earlier, I tell him which dog is going to win. He loses and the dog I told him to put on ins. So I try again, and get the next one right, and the next and the next and so on. So he tells me how to do a forecast, so I got the forecasts right too (1st and 2nd dog in exact order I said), so he tells me about tricasts and laughs and says they are very difficult to get. So I get all the tricasts right (1st, 2nd and 3rd dog in exact order I said). By no he's swearing a bit and saying "I don't believe it!" I even got the one with a 14/ dog coming first, and the announcer said no-one could have predicted that tricast - that made us laugh! he ended up leaving hours later at closing time.

I just know when people are hurting or are going thru something very serious. Sometimes people don't like me because I am able to read them. But there are some people that are so angry that have put up walls.And if they won't talk depending how bitter or angry they are I can not break thru.

did u bet on the tricast? how much did you win?!

Unfortunately I'd spent my money before that and lost, so didn't have anything on me, so was just writing down what I thought would win, come 2nd and 3rd.
But I reckoned up that in just some of them, I would have been around £1000 richer, but we were there hours, so it would have been thousands altogether, and possibly more cos once it had got past a few hundred, i wold have put £10 bets on, Nat wasn't meant to be staying that long but he was fascinated, if only I'd waited and not put money on things I wasn't sure were going to win. The one with the 14/ dog was nearly £300 if I hadn't spent my money. I hate how that happens, you lose, and then you suddenly know who's going to win when you've spent your money.

There was another time when Nat was in the bookies and I said to him "That 40/1 will win." He said 40/1 shots never win on the virtual horse racing, he's seen 25/1, 33/1, 50/1 and even 100/1 but never 40/1 on the virtuals. I said there's a first time for everything. I had spent my money, but I said I was so confident it was going to win that I was going up to my flat to get more money, but I only put £2 on it (it had half an hour before the start of the race, but for some reason was already listed on the screen).

I was also in there another time when Nat was in, and I won £100 on the virtual horses. He said "I don't believe it" (a common phrase he uses lol). I was being a bit cocky and said "Do you want to see me win another 100?"
That would have been embarressing if I hadn't done exactly that. lol

Had some more luck today.

Saw the 25/1 outsider on a virtual horse race in Tote, placed the bet, but couldn't find my money (only had a fiver on me), I was so sure it was going to win, I was panicking, luckily as I was a regular, they let me go to get some money from the cash machine and still put the bet on for me, but before I got there, I found the £5 note in my back pocket. Watched the race as my horse led almost all the way and the two times it did get overtaken, it got back in the lead again. Unfortunately, I didn't put the £1 tricast i was going to put on (3,2,1) on the above race, otherwise I would have been over £1000 richer.

So put £2 in the machine but lost that, so went to a different bookies, William Hill (for some reason going to a different bookies nearly always works), and rushed to put on a 40/ on the Sandy Lanes virtuals (only 30 seconds or so before it started), I thought "I will get £100 back (plus the stake) if I put £2.50 on, at no moment did I think it was not going to win, so guess i should have put more on considering my earlier winnings.
So it won, and I got £102.50 back. Then i was in Wilkinson's buying some stuff for my gerbils (well may as well treat them lol), and saw the scratchcards, I never buy the £5 one but thought if I did buy the £5 Monopoly that I would win £20. so I scratched it and won £20. When I see a winning scratchcard, it's like it's brighter to me than the rest if that makes sense, so i pick the one that's like it's illuminated. So today was a good day, I'd spent a lot on my ill gerbil in November and December, including changing vets (unfortunately she died on Christmas day, but that was of old age and she didn't die hungry like she would have done if I hadn't changed vets), so the money is good. :)
I always feel strange when I'm going to win.
There was one time, when i used to bet on the real horses that I put on a bet for a horse, but as I got to the seats to watch the race with my brothers and sister, I couldn't stop myself saying loudly "Mujinda's going to win." I felt like a right idiot until it won at 40/1, sadly I stayed with my original bet.

Last edited:
I was reading this thread for the first time today. I have odd things happen from time to time. I am not sure why or how but they just do.
I was dating a girl and it was Christmas time and from all anyone could tell it was going well. In the middle of the afternoon the phone rang and when it did I knew it was her and that she was breaking up with me. Sure enough it did and she admitted to not having the thought until that morning.
I was 8 or 9 and my parents were going to see Elvis. I wanted to go and my mom said no that she would take me next time. I told her this was my last chance because he would not come back and he will die. He did.

Not sure why those things happened but they did. I just wish this happened for lottery numbers.

I usually know when somebody close to me is going to die. Even if I haven't seen them in a long time. My mom has the thing. But she knows it long before I do. I went to a family reunion a couple of years ago. I knew somebody was going to die. But I did not know who. Then my cousin got cancer and that was the last time I had ever seen him.

In 1999 I was on my way to Germany via overnight ferry leaving my Mum @ home, in hospital, very I'll with Alzheimers- I woke suddenly in my cabin totally convinced that Mum was there, telling me she was glad I was ok, well & she loved me - I got to Germany to be told there had been a phone call to tell me she had died - That's my only experience & no-one will ever convince me it was anything different - Col

Partner gets a few different experiences, but one of the most interesting is when he sees events that have yet to happen play out in his mind like a movie.

The one I make him tell me about from time to time is when he first saw me. I walked past him in the warehouse and he saw how our relationship would develop. It wound up happening exactly how he saw it, only his prediction was 6 months, and in reality it took a year.

Back
Top Bottom