Do you feel like there is a place for you?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt because they may have their own issues to. But their are reasonable limits.
Same I have a lot of stuff going on in my own life and have decided to think more about me.

Along with my epilepsy, my job is stressful at times, have parents with their own health issues and am currently going through testing to see if I have Huntington’s.

I got to the stage where I am thinking more about me. I jobshare so I go to work, do my job and go home. As for my parents I have my own way off dealing with them to help keep my stress down 🙄🤣🤦🏼‍♀️.

I actually had someone tell me the other day I’m Wonder Woman with everything I deal with. I said I don’t think so, there are people worse then me.

C0urt that sucks, I am so sorry. I hope there are other folks who can help since your family is letting you down.

A person should never feel like they are a burden--especially to their family members. I've often said that they should have to try to live with the type of restrictions we have to for just one week. For example, not being able to use the stove to cook/warm food without another person present. Also, have to rely on others to take them everywhere they need to go & get them what they need. Then they will know how difficult our life is.

Back
Top Bottom