Do you get a flu shot?

Do you get a flue shot

• Yes, always (Always!)

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Try to, but not always (Nobodies perfect)

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Only when convenient (I don't bend for noth'n)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Heck No (Don't be sticking me with government poison)

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Because of a lot of people not taking their flu shot, the measles went from Disneyland CA to other states. A lot of people got sick.

I always get my flu shot and I keep up with my other vaccinations, as well.

I remember when Polio was going around. Then they came up with the Polio Vaccine. Our whole town went to the High School gym and we got the Polio Vaccine.

If Polio comes back, people will spread it everywhere. Once it starts, it cannot be stopped.

I'm not sure how effective it is but as an RN I've always been required to get one. I believe in vaccinations. The flu shot is a different animal because they're trying to predict what's coming during flu season and sometimes they're right on the money and sometimes they miss by a mile. but childhood vaccinations are a no brainer.

I used to believe in the Big Pharma line of they have the answers but now we know different. If you have not heard about thimerosal in vaccines it is worth a read. The other mercury poisons are linked to seizures and other brain damage.

Janus, do you eat any kind of fish? The oceans are full of mercury and so are the fish.

You are right Ruth. I avoid fish, mostly, as I am vegetarian. I choose to only eat "small"
Sardines/anchovies are the cleanest AND most plentiful. The days of plentiful Seas are over. Fish is over done and becoming harder to get as cheaper, more damaging techniques evolve. ie. the most abundant fish, COD, which no one believed could ever run out is becoming endangered. These are also big worries for me.

I am trying to become a vegetarian. My doctor wants me to. I have to because of my kidney. I only eat small portion of Salmon to get my Omega's.

Back
Top Bottom