Do you have any seizures that you actually LIKE?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I never had a seizure I actually liked. Though I guess sometimes a seizure absence-type seizure could get you out of some embarrassing situations?

How could you enjoy this???

My seizures always felt like I was being tied to the bed I couldnt breath like something was trying to snatch my soul right out of my body--- I typically would lose consciousness or I had absence seizure that turned into a tonic clonic seizure and I ended up peeing on myself either in front of my friends or in my bed at night I always threw up after it too----it feels a lot like the little girl in the Exorcist must have felt ---possessed. A lot of times they happen when I am sleeping and become like a nightmare made real....I wake up sort of kind of with my parents holding me down so I dont hurt myself and I feel like I cant breath and that I might die. No I do not enjoy them they are embarassing and make managing to live a normal life very very difficult.

No one should want this kind of feeling.

...a little naughty...

I know my hubby didn't mind the tonic clonic I had once when we were...ahem...making lasagna... :)

I know my hubby didn't mind the tonic clonic I had once when we were...ahem...making lasagna... :)

Making Lasagna.... Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

I had an interesting one this morn, it was long & drawn out. The physical sensations were less but it kept going on longer than most of mine do (at least it felt longer). Just towards the end of it the phone rang & it was either a wrong number or a telephone solicitor (I've been getting lots of both recently). I thought I said "hello" but apparently I didn't say anything. When the voice kept saying "hello... hello" I realized I couldn't talk (frequent post-ictal effect for me). It kinda felt good to not answer this call that I didn't want to hear from anyway. All I could think was "perfect timing".

I don't have euphoric seizures but after the seizure and maddening headache leave, I'm left feeling like Wonder Woman! After 2 days of laying on the couch, I was able to get up today and scrub down the house, play in my garden and THINK A CLEAR THOUGHT lol

i get some pretty cool deja vu seizures that make me feel like a psychic. like i was in the shower and i saw the pattern the conditioner was going to make in my hand before i poured it. it was cool. but then i had a headache and i almost threw up so i wasn't that great lol

I am in agreement. I can really relate to this forum. I have had many that are far from scary. however, even the scary ones that leave me feeling fearful and depressed...in the end I always seem to come back a little bit more aware than before.

I had a laughing seizure...Where I would laugh uncontrollably. Those, I wouldnt say were pleasant, but they werent horrid.
My auras arent that bad. Usually I feel like my head is on a balloon.

Could short term memory be a symptom of seizure, ever since I been diagnosed with SP, I have been forgettng things. Like where I am sometimes while driving and miss my exit (more than once) or closing the door to our woodstove which I almost burn down our home. Oh than there was the leaving the oven on all night after making dinner. I don't like the unknown of things so I would have to say no I don't like any eposide I may have had in the past.:mrt::bigsmile:

Last edited:
It's definitely a symptom of my seizures. As I get older they seem to effect my memory more & more.

I've had a few where I felt like Alice falling down the rabbit hole. Those are actually quite nice, and they only happen when I'm resting or trying to fall asleep. I kind of have racing thoughts afterwards, though, so it's hard to get to sleep, but for the whole time I'm having it, I feel like I already am asleep and dreaming.

It's definitely a symptom of my seizures. As I get older they seem to effect my memory more & more.

Same for me.. my memory is awful and seems to be getting worse.

I recently forgot both my parent's birthdays within a 6 day span.. ugh.

Often my wife tells me things we've done in the past and I have no recollection of them. I don't like that too much..

I know that feeling. I'll remember a birthday in a day or 2, maybe even make a note & when the time comes I"d forget it until the next day or 2 after.

some of my simples I, my body is hyper-sensitive to touch took a bit to get to get used to. makes life interesting you just want to touch things makes cuddling fun, never risked it while making lasanga. makes petting fabric store fun,

Last edited:
I think I like the seizure that paralyzes my whole left side, feels different, a little relaxing almost. Having different types of seizures is difficult but I learn from each one. Good question endless!

I definitely didn't like the tonic clonics under any circumstances and generally don't like the simple partials...

Though there was one time a simple partial hit me right before orgasm and it just intensified the experience...now that simple partial was enjoyable, or at least the side effect of it was!

Back
Top Bottom