Do you have any seizures that you actually LIKE?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have never had a seizure I liked but sometimes after my stronger CP seizures a get a "reset" of my brain and it seems to work a lot better for a few days until the inter-ictal brain hiccups start again.

Frink,

Me, too. I feel a seizure coming sometimes all day. Then after it happens I feel like somebody hit the reboot button. (This is a good thing)

Not sure what happened

So I just stumbled upon this thread researching what happened to me. So I've never had a "seizure," that I know of in the past, but I've had a myriad of "spiritual experiences," I would call them. I recently woke up on the floor with my arms up in the air, fixed, some foaming saliva kind of thing happening in my mouth, as well as a clenched jaw. The main thing is, though, my memory was only of pretty much the most amazing feeling I have ever experienced! It was as if I had just visited what I would want heaven to feel like. I was not high or drunk, just to add that note. So yeah, it sounds like I had some sort of seizure, and yes, I enjoyed the hell out of it...pun intended lol

They're horrible, sometimes debilitating, embarrassing, terrifying (esp when I feel them coming on). I've found that there is nothing enjoyable about seizures or E.
:twisted:

I was going to say the same thing! If I had the power to take these seizures and auras away... I would do it in a heartbeat! I hate all seizures!

So I just stumbled upon this thread researching what happened to me. So I've never had a "seizure," that I know of in the past, but I've had a myriad of "spiritual experiences," I would call them. I recently woke up on the floor with my arms up in the air, fixed, some foaming saliva kind of thing happening in my mouth, as well as a clenched jaw. The main thing is, though, my memory was only of pretty much the most amazing feeling I have ever experienced! It was as if I had just visited what I would want heaven to feel like. I was not high or drunk, just to add that note. So yeah, it sounds like I had some sort of seizure, and yes, I enjoyed the hell out of it...pun intended lol

Don't get me wrong, I don't purposely want to experience a seizure and I hope people who suffer from them get comfort in some way. I just have no idea what happened to me and thought I'd share my experience, since it sounded like the title to this thread. Falling on the ground and worrying about what happened to me is not a positive experience, but I must have had some overload of serotonin or something that helped me through it...idk

LOL!!! Um in a nutshell NO!!! But il'l be sure and let you all know if i should ever enjoy one.

IkHound, I'd put money down that was a temporal lobe seizure. Here is an artical dealing with TLE and God. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=104291534. The Russian writer Fyodor Dostoyevsky had similar seizures.

Personally I have auras that I "like". They allow me to experience things I could never otherwise. They continually force me to revaluate everything I know. E sucks, but not everything about it has to.

Thanks for the info P-Funk. Very interesting stuff and is pretty indicative of experiences I've had my entire life...wow. Most of my academic life ended up dealing with philosophy of science, neurology specifically. I was drawn to it from having so many OBE's and eventually willing lucid dreams. This is crazy stuff, and I haven't done it in years. I just worry about the real health issues. Thanks again for the info.

Back
Top Bottom