Do You Have Ear Worms?

Do You Have Ear Worms?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I don't consider it a problem. I'm usually feeling pretty good, when I get a song stuck in my head. I don't usually get them, to the point, I can't work, concentrate or something. But I get earworms.

I'm too much of a music lover, to think of it as a problem. What a name. EARWORMS. That sounds HORRIBLE!

Last edited:
At least it's not

ear mites. While I agree about the term earworms, I think I understand how it got the name.
I usually get them if I forget my Ipod, and I'm at work. I usually listen to my Ipod, because my co-workers love to chat about the silliest things and it lets me concentrate on my work. Without it, and I think of a partial song all day long.
(Sorry Speber, while your bands' music is great, I have CRS.)

They can bug on occasion. :) For me it's hymns and music that I've sung in concert or competition. :)

Oh!---the horror!......Oh!---the agony!..........

Brainy, you pulled the gloves off...put them on the table....and smacked me in the head barehanded with this thread.
:flushed:

...MAKE IT STOP!!!

Eat that!
:pfft:

Last edited:
My kids are young, 2 and almost 4 and its all of their songs… Ill be at work singing r-e-d red! R-e-d red! I can spell red! My co- workers think I’m nuts!

Thanks a lot!

Speber, I now have a new earworm to deal with. Grrr!:giveup::zacepi:

I get these all the time, at the most random moments. For instance, If some one says something that matches a line from a song i know, I am stuck humming it in my head until the next one comes around.

me and my boss ended up being the only people in the office one day and he says "I think we're alone now" and WHAM! I'm stuck singing "i think we're alone now" by tiffany

Okay so I arrived to this party late but you are all EVIL!!!! especially you Shelley that one is just wrong LOL
Since I'm feeling just a little snippy today take this

MOUA HAHAHAHAHA

Okay so I arrived to this party late but you are all EVIL!!!! especially you Shelley that one is just wrong LOL
Since I'm feeling just a little snippy today take this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_47KVJV8DU
MOUA HAHAHAHAHA

wow, thats just evil.

Luckily for me is isn't music. It is thoughts. stuff bothers me, like the name of something or when something came out, i have to get it up and look it up on wikipideia, or watch it on youtube to feel better. usually looking up what ever it is helps me relax.

since we are on puppets,

everyone knows the course.

Last edited:
Oh Man...Constantly....

The last few weeks, it's been the little ditty from The Big Bang Theory. Soft Kitty, Sweet Kitty little Ball of Fur...Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.

I made the mistake of talking about this thread and everyone has been "very kindly sharing" their personal ear worms with me all week!!! Karma is an evil wench!!

Last edited:
It won't stop

I hadn't heard the song "Blank Generation" by Richard Hell for years so thought I'd listen to it a couple of days ago. This morning I couldn't get it out of my head. I even listened to it again & it still won't stop.

I started listening to someone else & have 4 other CD's lined up to be played but we'll see if Blank Generation is still in my head when these other CD's are done

lol I have "blinded by the light" and "I whip my hair" stuck in my head! and i hate both songs!

Let's really drive you buggy with this (one of my favs)

Ooops, just noticed the flashings. Do be careful.

Last edited:
Coulda be worse Shelley - that wedding DJ could be playing Band of Gold by Freda Payne!!

A friend and I were talking today at work. He was teasing me about my shuffling along, hands in pocket. I just started singing this.

(Well, the first part, anyway.)

Yes, all the time! Sometimes it's nice, but others.... Rargh. I have never been without a song in my head, even while sleeping.

Lately, I have had bippidy boppidy boo running in my head.

[ytBAJr1ixBdIc[/yt]

Back
Top Bottom