Do You Have Ear Worms?

Do You Have Ear Worms?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

They never stop for me, but no matter what I listen to, deperado comes back everytime!!! Excellent song though, no complaints at all about ear worms here. Good job Brain!!

This may not help you get rid of them but I found this reply to a letter on earworms interesting.

It's similar to one of those muscle spasms or twitches you get once in a while. You know how annoying they are and how little you can do to stop them. Unrelenting tunes in the head happen for similar reasons. Just as your muscles are controlled by nerves, everything within the mind also corresponds to neurological activity, and this includes mental simulations of music.

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/sep2000/969900510.Ns.r.html

I clicked the wrong one. I definately do! Mine's always Camptown Races. >.< I hate it so I like to sing it aloud. My earworm turns into a plague. ;)

its always the very end of "hey jude" for me. =( sadly, i think its because it repeats for about 3 mins

Just came across this article on earworms.

In the last five years, earworms have become the subject of peer-reviewed scientific studies. In 2006, Steven Brown of Simon Fraser University even studied his own earworms and observed in the Journal of Consciousness Studies that they could be used as a basis for understanding how conscious experience can be split into multiple parallel streams. In 2008, moreover, Finnish researchers published a study that used the Interrnet to survey age, gender, personality and musical and linguistic competence of 12,420 countrymen who experienced the endless loops in their heads.

The Science of Earworms, or Why You Can’t Get that Damn Song Out of Your Head

Thank You so very much for bring this forum back up into the forefront! Really I appreciate have the random line from these songs running through my head....
:razz2:

Its nice to have a name to put with it. Now I can tell people I have earworms...Can't wait to see the looks I get over that one.

yes I do, and sometimes they mash up, two to three different ones at a time. Yippeee!

I always have a song in my head. and it's usually one of those awful poppy songs that all sound the same.

I never have good songs in there..

funny thing, I even have songs in my head in the post ictal phase. I don't know who I am but I can recognize a song.

I get a song in my head that will come & go for a couple of weeks then it will be replaced by another song. Usually it's only some of the lyrics that get stuck in my head & not the whole song lol.

Last edited:
All the time! Today's was: There's a lonely man _in the corner...what he's waiting for I don't know. But he's there- every day now. *Phil Collins maybe.
What's funny is I haven't had the nerve to read this thread because I thought it was about Real Earworms. Thought maybe it was a side effect of one of the meds. Gross.
So I was surprised to find the real meaning of the thread. I do have sooo many songs running through my head. I hate when they bump into each other.

My daughter again " Hey nicky you so fine hey nicky you so fine you blow my mind Hey Nicky" That line has been popping up for days now! My adorable little imp ...

And now, to totally mess with your head:
[ame]http://youtu.be/Tp88XRrFLPA[/ame]

When I first saw this thread I too thought "YUCK! Are they like mites?!"

I do have that but not very often and when they are there I can easily distract from them so I don't see it as a problem. I usually feel like singing the songs because they are so good. :) There is one song that keeps coming back that is not exactly my favorite. Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way... in the summer!

Can't wait telling my husband I have earworms. I'm looking forward to seeing his face. ;)

Back
Top Bottom