Does anyone here take CBD oil supplement?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Makes sense. I've been through several Epileptologist through the years, it seems like all of them lately have been 'newbee's' I don't remember the last time I saw my regular practitioner every time I go there I've always seen a PA, I heard she finally left, she got tired of having to do her bosses job, apparently she was really overwhelmed. The only Doc's I have that has stuck around is my chiropractor and orthopedic surgeon.

All I know is that Marijuana, smoked, absolutely works. I haven't been smoking it long enough to do various test with different strains, say, a sativa versus an indica, and so on.

I will try anything at this point. I'm not sure if it is the CBD either, for all I know it could be another ingredient such as the terpenes which is truly of medicinal value. I most certainly have reactions to essential oils (of various plants, not marijuana though) vaporizing under a candle.

I also have a "psychotic features" diagnosis, and I was most certain that marijuana would worsen it, and it doesn't, but the major problem is dosing, and keeping my lungs healthy. After a total of three months smoking, that's the major problem (besides cost).

If the marijuana works, there is something inside it that works.

Only thing I need to figure out are some claims that hemp oil comes from seeds only, and that seeds contain low amounts of CBD, but if the hemp oil which is high content CBD, is being made from a different marijuana or a different part of the plant, then chances are the CBD Oils, are different from the Hemp Oils. But I don't know that yet. It could very well be terpenes of something that is of value.

However, yeah, I've been smoking the plant, not the seeds.

What type of seizures do you have? I have SPs and smoked and had one of the worst PSs the next morning. Maybe it depends on the type of seizure and the type of marijuana.

I would love to try CBD oil if I could get the real stuff. I think Ohio may be close to legalizing medical MJ. I hope it's not just for research purposes, but for actual patient use.

MAAB,

Right now I'm having partial seizures but I can have anything from a tonic-clonic , SP,CP,absence seizures mine are always changing.

That sucks, I'm so sorry. I always felt if I have to have ep. I was fortunate to have the complex partial I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have the convulsive sez.

MAAB,

Right now I'm having partial seizures but I can have anything from a tonic-clonic , SP,CP,absence seizures mine are always changing.

Belinda, disregard my above question. I hope it works for you. You really do need a break. Let us know how it goes.

:e:Wow, the different reactions people have is startling, as is the information. Perhaps because I live in Canada, this whole pot thing isn't such a big deal. I know of 3 public companies, Bedrocan Tweed and Releaf who are completely reputable.
With Epilepsy I think it was best to look for Indica strains with a bit of THC.

What type of seizures do you have? I have SPs and smoked and had one of the worst PSs the next morning. Maybe it depends on the type of seizure and the type of marijuana.

I am currently diagnosed a bipolar by a psychiatrist. The doctor put me on valproic acid, and I have no official epilepsy diagnosis. I don't know if I need one as you would expect one from say a neurologist or a psychologist. I'm only seeing a general practitioner at the moment. I couldn't tell you if it is a complex partial or simple partial, as there has been no EEGs. My symptoms suggest to me it is a paretial / somatosensory / temporal, that sometimes spreads into my occipital area. They are not myclonic. They are vibrations which are similar to shaking vigorously and rhythmically without moving.

I tend to get triggered by shaking objects. An unsteady camera shot from a helicopter on the news. Sometimes chemical smells are triggers. If food is a trigger, I cannot pin point any particular food as it is hit or miss it seems.

Last edited:
We source our hemp from Industrial Hemp farms that produce some of the richest, CBD Hemp in the USA. Our CBD is completely isolated through CO2 extraction & crystal precipitation & is of the highest grade, pesticide free, Non-GMO hemp in the world. These Industrial Hemp Farms are fully compliant with the State Department of Agriculture regulations & are large US distributors of Hemp, rich in CBD, CBG, CBC, and CBN. ( http : / / arthur3 . MyCTFOCBD . com )

We source our hemp from Industrial Hemp farms that produce some of the richest, CBD Hemp in the USA. Our CBD is completely isolated through CO2 extraction & crystal precipitation & is of the highest grade, pesticide free, Non-GMO hemp in the world. These Industrial Hemp Farms are fully compliant with the State Department of Agriculture regulations & are large US distributors of Hemp, rich in CBD, CBG, CBC, and CBN. ( http : / / arthur3 . MyCTFOCBD . com )
I just smoke the flower. The oil I tried but gave up on. Nothing stops them that I've tried. The bud helps after the seizures. Calms me and gets me eating here and there. I have been hearing a lot about the oils. Might try again.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I use mmj every day. I use it medicinally as a vapor without carbon from combustion. I can only share my experience, I am not a doctor or have medical advice. I see it as effective supplemental medicine for me. I do not think of it as a cure-all but it has reduced my seizures by more than half. I recommend readING about which may be the best kind in your situation.

you want your CBD coming from a medical MY dispensary.

No company provides "clean" CBD. Any isolation process have butane, CO2, other chemicals, etc.

If you cannot get MJ that is 22% CBD and 1.5% THC, you should just read reviews and pick one sooner or later.

Ive been looking & comparing different CBD oils for 4 years now.

GTFO you flake, we do not need salesman here, we actually need REAL help.........not someone just to take our money

Hi all, I wanted to point to another point in mmj benefits. I am not a doctor. My data has pointed out that a canabinoid called THCA , that shows "anti spasticity" properties with nerves. I know there are more studies going on every day. I think THCA is broken down by high heat. I have had great experiences with edibles that are the 'oil' . Without cooking, I can take measured, specific amounts.

I'm 90% convinced that smoking Pot stops seizures soI have high hopes for CBD oil. I have a friend with seizures and I want her to try it.

Here is my question. Has anyone succeeded in getting any insurance to cover CBD oil?
My friend has a new doc who favors mm but does insurance cover any of this?

Because of federal prohibition, there are no cannabis products covered by health insurance. Not even nonpsychoactive CBD products.

Some states will help with fees involved in obtaining a medical marijuana card. And some dispensaries may offer point-of-sale storefront discounts. But that's about it right now, unless you want to move to Canada.

Thank you for the reply. The fight for MM and CBD Oil is going to be long and hard but eventually we will win.

I was addicted to Pot for 35 yrs but no longer. So I know it's not completely safe. However, seizures are much worse than Pot is so I'm in complete favor of either MM or CBD oil to treat epilepsy.

I'm 90% convinced that smoking Pot stops seizures soI have high hopes for CBD oil. I have a friend with seizures and I want her to try it.

Here is my question. Has anyone succeeded in getting any insurance to cover CBD oil?
My friend has a new doc who favors mm but does insurance cover any of this?

i consume a good but of both every day and still have 2-4 grand mals a year.

While i do believe it helps....(cbd more so) i do not believe it will stop anything for anyone with a serious condition.

If you happen to be lucky enough where meds and other minor changes (diet, caffeine, boz, exercise, meditation, etc etc) can stop the greater majority of your issues.......Thc **should** (IMHO) be able to stop your seizures.

But if you are more like me,

take 8 prescription drugs, VNS impant, 2-6 seizures a year with 1-2, multi-night stays in ICU or neurology floor THC isnt stopping anything.

And i am an enthusiast

No insurance will cover anything cbd or thc since both are still federally illegal.

Back
Top Bottom