Does anyone know if they have seizures at night?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well I gotta go it was nice talking to you Lonewolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you have an extremely vicious cycle seagull

God knows.sometimes I put things down to e but could just be one of them things.But I have been looking into the binal beat thing and it do help but I do prefer David Basie...Ohhhh people on here have some terrible forms of e mine nothing compared to them.
the one thing with e some people have part of their aura as fear and panic it really is awful and it makes you panic therefore making it worse.I use to go to bed dreading them but all you do is put yourself under stress which starts vicious circle not going to help sz.
I may be blunt but I don't know any other way,if it going happen it will and not a lot you can do and if you asleep you unaware of it if wake up with bitten mouth then you alive...there are other things you could look into like sleep apnea that nasty thing and cause similar problems like biting mouth.booze and caffeine within few hours of bedtime.I am giving you advice as I know it but often don't take that advice myself

I have tonic-clonic seizures so I'll have seizures back to back to back. I used to bite the side of my mouth. Other times I've bitten my tongue so hard blood came out. I've learned to roll with it as there is nothing I can do but I don't have to like it. I don't like to let epilepsy win. I'll lose my short term memory or not be able to talk for 30 minutes.

Does anyone on here know if they have seizures at night?

I've suffered with E for 30+ years. I've had TC's and Complex Partial seizures. I've had a few TC's in the middle of the night and know I had them because I've bitten the side of my mouth so hard it was bleeding. Plus, at the time I was married, so my hubby would let me know. I haven't had a TC seizure in years, thank god, since I had the VNS surgery.
But sometimes I have a CP first thing in the morning, just as I'm waking. I get this weird feeling, like I'm floating into outer space. I know I'm having a CP seizure, so just stay in bed until it passes.

My husband took himself off to other bedroom as it use drive him mad

I've had Complex Partial seizures. I've even had seizures inside an MRI machine before. I've had seizures while taking a shower before. I've also had them in the middle of a store before which is kind of funny as people look at me as if I'm stoned LOL

My very first seizure was while I was sleeping. I know I still have them but I'm not sure how many because my husband and I sleep in separate bedrooms because of our sleep schedules. I usually don't even know that I've had a seizure unless there's someone there to see it happen either.

I've woke up with the inside of my mouth chewed, which I will do during a seizure at times.

In the mornings I get up at 7am to take my meds and feed the cats then go back to bed. Once I woke up on the couch and was really confused about what time it was and how I got there. I'm pretty sure I had a seizure while I was in bed after doing all my 7am things, went back to sleep then had got out of bed and went to the couch.

For me, when I was a child, my seizures would happen at night, (we didn't know they were seizures then, everyone thought that I was having nightmares) and I'd wake my family up with the noise of them.

I'd be lying on my stomach, and would pound my head repeatedly on my forearms that were crossed under my pillow, so there was a constant repeated thump that woke everyone up and it would last, I've been told by family many times since I childhood, about 5-10mins, but I was never aware of having them unless I was told by a family member in the morning.

Now, they only way I know If I'd had a seizure at night is because I will wake up in a wet bed.

I've been watching TV and fallen asleep. Then I'll start nodding back and forth or side to side violently. Or seizures wake me up from sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom