Does high altitudes and/or flight effect your Epilepsy?

Does High Altitudes and/or Flights effect you or your loved one's Epilepsy?

• Yes

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Unknown

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I've flown 4 times and twice I had a problem. The first time I felt completely loopy, ex. couldn't walk straight, felt like I was floating, really sick to my stomach. 2-3 I was fine. The last time I was kinda out of it for about a week.

I haven't flown since my operation (when the left half of my skull was replaced with a resin plate) & I'm scared about what might happen with the air pressure against my pseudo-skull (and no 2 planes are alike with their pressure). I know that I definitely can't sleep on that side because of throbbing sharp pains. One doctor said no, I couldn't fly but 2 other ones said yes, I could. Has anyone else with a plate in their head flown without side effects??? Thanks.

I just returned this week from a trip to SFO to see my bro and had no problems except with my ears, but I also have a cold now. This time the return to DEN was quite a rough ride, lot of turbulence. I've never experienced that much, and I've flown many times. I have the VNS and didn't experience any problems at check-in.

I think flying is lowering my seizure threshold, I'm under a lot of stress right now and usually don't have problems flying but had a strong simple partial last week followed by jerks on the way home followed by another possible most likely simple partial while flying today, both times I didn't have a lot of sleep and was approaching falling asleep for a nap.

Back
Top Bottom