Does Keppra make seasonal allergies worse?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

KathyJJ

Stalwart
Reaction score
I've had seasonal allergies all of my life. I started on Keppra in May and was doing fine with it even with my allergies until 2 days ago. My seizures are better too. I started getting hoarse when I speak, my nose is runny, I have puffy eyelids and my eyes water. Even in the past when my seasonal allergies bothered me, my voice didn't get hoarse. My question is, if you don't mind answering, does Keppra make allergies worse? Has this happened with anyone out there?

It's sort of funny that you brought this up. I never had seasonal allergies but I did start to about 6 years ago or 7 years ago, not even close as bad as yours. Mine's really only in the summer and mostly runny nose but I've never had that happen before. Keppra is one of the meds that I'm on too.

It's sort of funny that you brought this up. I never had seasonal allergies but I did start to about 6 years ago or 7 years ago, not even close as bad as yours. Mine's really only in the summer and mostly runny nose but I've never had that happen before. Keppra is one of the meds that I'm on too.

That makes you wonder, doesn't it. Or at least it does me. What about you?

Mine pretty much just deals with my nose and it's usually in the late spring, summer and early fall. It runs like crazy and my family actually complained about how many boxes of Kleenex we were going through.

I've always lived in the farm country and seasons changing never bothered me before until those last few years. As I said it's nothing at all like yours. Pretty much only a runny nose.

It may not be the Keppra but I just thought it was strange that it got worse AFTER I started taking it when nothing else had changed even the environment. I did read that it can cause some sinus problems such as stuffy nose, but I don't remember everything it said.

Back
Top Bottom