Does the full or new moon bother you.

Clovis

Stalwart
Reaction score
Does anyone have a problem with seizures being worse during a full or new moon? It seems like when I have a gran mal, thankfully not every month, it is during a full or new moon. Just wondering if anyone ese has this problem.

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
The moon hasn't had an effect on me, other more tangible factors (fatigue, metabolism) have had a more noticeable impact.
If you were female I would ask if you are familiar with catamenial epilepsy (which is triggered by monthly hormonal spikes), but that may not apply. You might be interested in these CWE threads:

Clovis

Stalwart
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I am female and I do know hormonal spikes have affected me in the past.
That being said the full moon has too. I'm not the only one affected by it either. We have a scanner and listen to ambulance calls and there is an increase in calls for seizures within a day or so before and after the full moon.

Loopy Lou

Veteran
Reaction score
I've never heard of the moon affecting anything but tides, but if a person was to get anxiety around that time, it could be a self-fulfilling thing, since stress and anxiety are really common triggers.

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Clovis,
The full moon doesn't bother so much as when a low pressure in the weather, this makes the air heavier which in turn messes up the hormones and can often trigger a seizure for me. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Sabbo

Veteran
Reaction score
Thankfully, weather & lunar things have never affected my seizures. Mine are just very unpredictable--some have even occurred within 3 or 4 hours of my taking a dose of my medications. I know they're more likely to occur if I'm under a lot of stress or tension.