Does the full or new moon bother you.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Clovis

Stalwart
Reaction score
Does anyone have a problem with seizures being worse during a full or new moon? It seems like when I have a gran mal, thankfully not every month, it is during a full or new moon. Just wondering if anyone ese has this problem.

The moon hasn't had an effect on me, other more tangible factors (fatigue, metabolism) have had a more noticeable impact.
If you were female I would ask if you are familiar with catamenial epilepsy (which is triggered by monthly hormonal spikes), but that may not apply. You might be interested in these CWE threads:

Thank you for your reply. I am female and I do know hormonal spikes have affected me in the past.
That being said the full moon has too. I'm not the only one affected by it either. We have a scanner and listen to ambulance calls and there is an increase in calls for seizures within a day or so before and after the full moon.

I've never heard of the moon affecting anything but tides, but if a person was to get anxiety around that time, it could be a self-fulfilling thing, since stress and anxiety are really common triggers.

Hi Clovis,
The full moon doesn't bother so much as when a low pressure in the weather, this makes the air heavier which in turn messes up the hormones and can often trigger a seizure for me. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thankfully, weather & lunar things have never affected my seizures. Mine are just very unpredictable--some have even occurred within 3 or 4 hours of my taking a dose of my medications. I know they're more likely to occur if I'm under a lot of stress or tension.

Back
Top Bottom