Does this happen to anyone else?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have to preface this with a description of one of the different types of partials that I get. It almost feels like a burst of energy from the inside out. It usually starts in the head/neck area, causes my eyes to close and slightly role back, and i get a tingly feeling. I get a slight mental distortion, and i am right back to normal. These are pretty regular; to the point that I had been having them for so long before I was diagnosed that I didn't even think about them, or question them. This is partially due to my avoidance of doctors, and inability to admit that anything could be wrong. I had been having the deja vus for a year before my first T/C and never went to the doctor, much to dismay of my wife.

Now, to the point of the question.

Almost every time I urinate, I have one of these partials. My first tonic-clonic was in the restroom, and I wonder if this is the type of partial that triggered the T/C. My diagnosis is TLE with secondary generalized so I know that most likely it was triggered by a partial. Have any of you heard anything about this, or experienced it?

Sorry to be graphic.

Last edited:
I have a red swingline!

That is pretty interesting. Can't say it rings a bell with me but I'll bet someone here will give you a link about it!

BTW love the avatar!

Last edited:
can't say i have partial or any type seiz when i urinate. it works the reverse for me, when i have cp or absence i have to urinate. if i am sleeping the seiz will wake me and i have to urinate. if i expelled more than a Tspoon it might not bother me as it does. it happens when i am awake too. there may be some conection.

I have to pee every time I wake up from a seizure too. Also a very small amount.Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom