Donating unused medications?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ramjet

New
Reaction score
I am being switched from Lamictal to Keppra over the next 4 weeks. My insurance coverage provides a 90 day supply of medication and I have been taking 300 mg extended release Lamictal tablets twice a day. Once I complete the transition I will have 3 unopened bottles of 300mg Lamictal tablets (90 tablets). According to online pricing this is close t0 $2,000 worth of medication.
Are forum members aware of any epilepsy related support programs that can take in donated medications to be provided to those that can't afford them.

I am being switched from Lamictal to Keppra over the next 4 weeks. My insurance coverage provides a 90 day supply of medication and I have been taking 300 mg extended release Lamictal tablets twice a day. Once I complete the transition I will have 3 unopened bottles of 300mg Lamictal tablets (90 tablets). According to online pricing this is close t0 $2,000 worth of medication.
Are forum members aware of any epilepsy related support programs that can take in donated medications to be provided to those that can't afford them.
Because I'm unemployed I got Keppra from the drug company for free. This is nice but they sent me the extended release and I'm taking the regular form right now. The drug company doesn't want it. The epilepsy foundation doesn't want it. So I have a 6 monthy supply of Keppra XR 500mg that I will never use. Thats about 5,000.00 that I will most likely have to destroy. If you come across someway of getting rid of your extra Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom