Don't know what to do?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hopeful

New
Reaction score
Now have pulled my chair up properly hope you can help. I am due an urgent appointment with my consultant. As my seizues has increased to about 4TC’S a month and 10 complex seizures a week (think they are getting even more (had five yesterday) and think as Gp happening in sleep as well so just ordered a diary need your advise as worrying.
I am a carer for my disabled husband. He looked after me when I had so as many as 90 seizures a month I love him and owe him. My gut instinct is that when I see my consultant he will increase my medication hopefully fingers crossed this will improve my health concerned that this will makes me more tired as increased dose usually does and more forgetful. I wonder if I wasn’t so tired all the time as his carer my seizures would decrease on there own. Going to moan now so sorry I don’t have any free time, no hobbies when I get any time to tired to even read even put off friends as don’t feel so good. I have explained situation to my husband but he just does not understand (not well enough not his fault he has so many problems of his own). I am always the one with the brave face smiling and happy only you know that I am not coping just want it all to stop. I hate seizures they screw your life up.

Hi Hope. I don't know how healthcare works in the UK. But can you get a nurse or home health tech to come in a couple of times a week? If you just had a little help, you might feel a whole lot better. You need to take care of yourself. Women have this habit ( and I'm guilty of it too) of putting everybody...especially our husband's, before ourselves. Hope, having somebody come in and help doesn't mean you love your hubby any less. It just means your doing what's best for the BOTH of you. So if you can, that's what I would recommend.

:(

You can only do what you are able to do. Everyone has limits.

Thanks for help both.

Sorry to hear about Stacy rough night for you both sending hugs.

Best sometimes to just put one foot in front of the other.
Worrying for sure does not help. I have gathered that from reading and taking notes.

Back
Top Bottom