Double check your pills when you put them in your case

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Last Friday morning when I woke up to take my meds I could't stand when I tried to get out of bed. My parents didn't hear me yelling so luckily I thought to call the house on my cell phone to wake them up. When my dad came in I started throwing up. Almost anytime I moved or open my eyes up made me sick. This went on for at least an hour until I fell back asleep. When I woke up later in the day it started all over again. I tried taking my meds in the evening, ended up throwing them up a little after I did though. I think I just ended up passing out and slept the rest of the night.

The next morning I was sick again and tried to take my meds. My mom started looking through my pill case and saw I had put Tegretol in there. I can't take Tegretol because it interacts with another med that I take. A dr had given me a prescription for them about six months ago by accident, which I didn't realize until I got sick from taking them and ended up in the hospital. Why I just didn't toss them out when I knew I wasn't going to be taking them I'll never know.

I'm usually really good at keeping my meds strait but I'm going to be extra careful about it now. Don't want to spend three days throwing up again.

That is not a nice thing, what is worse is I know exactly how you feel right now because that is what is happening to me. I cannot stop throwing up or the reflux every day, I have destroyed myself and the door and walls, even got sick all over myself in bed and the tablets. It starts every day after I take the cardiac drugs, its hard to handle at this stage but today is one of my good days, touch wood, the only med I have to worry about is the zebinix and it has me so afraid there is no way I will take them within 2 hours of each other minimum.

Because I throw up the drugs it is causing me problems and this leads to seizures which in turn affect my hearth and it healing all I can say is there is going to be one hell of a row on Wednesday when I see this doctor again and this time I do not care what letters he has after his name.

YOU ARE VERY RIGHT
Double check your pills when you put them in your case
even I have done this after taking pills for so long.

Back
Top Bottom