Dropping meds to now only use CBD / Hemp Paste

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CBD with THC will work better. According to all the studies it has shown more therapeutic effects then just CBD alone.

You want to avoid the CBD created from hemp as it has the smallest amounts of CBD in it. Also has other carcinogens and other BS created from the processes of making it & flavoring it.

The reason why i want & plan to buy CBD rich MJ is because you are getting whole plant CBD instead of hemp CBD........stuff that is made from tons and tons of hemp to get a small amount of oil.

CBD rich MJ, stuff exists that has up to a 59/1 CBD to THC ratio. More common is 10/1 - 20/1 CBD to THC, but the important part is you are getting both and quality CBD this way.

from all ive read and done so far, CBD and meds can be taken together.......Just spread them out a few hours apart.

However, this works for me......not saying it will work for all.

GL

To piggy back on this post, i have a state MJ card. I buy the lowest amount of THC, CBD rich mj there is.

Common strands are critcual cure, Pain killer #3, Cherry tsu, etc.

Pain killer and Cherry Wu are both 24-25% CBD and under 2% THC.

As a THC/MJ consumer before epilepsy.........the more CBD, the less impact or "high" you would say from the thc.

You can consume this type of strands and work on a MS Excel spreadsheet once done. They do not produce any sort of "hi" or effect at all.

I in fact buy a small amount of whatever is on sale that is THC rich and mix in with my CBD MJ. I aim for about a 4/1 or 5/1 ratio. I have a vaporizer, make cookies and brownies, etc.

I know it works, or at least for me. Coming home from Italy, the 10hr flights killed me. I was certain of a seizure as even coming from from a short vacation with a 4.5hr flight would push me over the edge. I mixed all my CBD paste made from hemp with 1/8 mj and love the cookies. Again, i aim for a 5/1 ratio.

If one doesnt really believe me or wants self proof, consume normal hi content mj and reap the "hi".

After consume CBD rich mj, your "hi" will disappear in 5-8 min. You will return to a "sober" state.

So it is nice to be able to control things exactly as you wish with having both types.

GL everyone

I was going to try Charlottes Web hemp drops from an online vendor - it is great to hear how well it has helped you - I really hope it does the same for me!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm getting my first shipment from charlottes web Thursday. Weaning off keppra and onto lamictal and need the try this for my sanity.

charlottles web isnt the best stuff.

Their name is trademarked because of the little girl in 2013.

charlottles web isnt the best stuff.

Their name is trademarked because of the little girl in 2013.
If you live outside the legal states though it seems that CW is a good option. It's been highly (no pun intended) recommended by a lot of people I joe. The realm of caring people will really help you determine dosing, etc.

I think some folks have recommended Holden's Hope (cannabis paste). You can google it for more info.

Regarding high THC vs. low THC varieties. Some studies suggest that THC can interfere with REM sleep (http://www.smrv-journal.com/article/S1087-0792(07)00167-0/abstract) which would make it less than optimal for folks with epilepsy. In general, there are still way too few studies of medicinal marijuana and CBD for epilepsy, so people should proceed with caution, and keep in mind that what works for one person may not work for someone else.

In anyone could walk into a dispensary not on the west coast you will see.

Most spots will have CBD marijuana that is 25% + CBD, less then 1% THC.

I took a pic of one bottle i have so everyone could see this is not material meant to get hi with and have fun.

This is all about CBD & its therapeutic properties.

Back
Top Bottom