EEG in the morning

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
struggling right now , i have an eeg in the morning & im supposed to be sleep deprived for it , but it's only 12 & im already exhausted ! i normally do it , im not happy about it , but i do it anyways , i just dont think im going to bother this time , i already know it's pointless so why be tired and annoyed ?

underweather.jpg

But just think how purdy you'll look when you show up for your EEG.

You're going to show up...right?

I hate those pre-EEG all-nighters. Let us know how it goes.

underweather.jpg

ohhhhhh , i needed a laugh ! i managed to do it with movies & taking the dog for several walks ! and yes i did look just that pretty when i left this morning , and even better when i got back with all that junk in my hair ( gotta love that ) thanks neuronotes

I hate those pre-EEG all-nighters. Let us know how it goes.
thanks , me too ! The doctor put me on another med for what he refuses to call anything but "auras" , anyhow he put me on propranolol , but i feel the need to question it , because most everything i find on it says it's used to lower your BP and for other heart problems , the only other thing im finding is use for migraines , so im confused by this ??? and after the whole being prescribed anti-psychotics for my stomach this kind of thing really concerns me ! i want to know if im being given the right thing ?? anybody heard of this ??

Propranolol can be prescribed for migraine with aura -- so it sounds like your doc's diagnosis is migraines rather than seizures. The two are on a spectrum, and can sometimes be hard to distinguish unless you have other seizure symptoms. Definitely ask about potential side effects, and what your options are if it doesn't help.

Propranolol can be prescribed for migraine with aura -- so it sounds like your doc's diagnosis is migraines rather than seizures. The two are on a spectrum, and can sometimes be hard to distinguish unless you have other seizure symptoms. Definitely ask about potential side effects, and what your options are if it doesn't help.
yeah thats what i was thinking based on what i read , which makes zero sense to me because while i did have migraines ALOOOOT when i was younger , i hardly ever have them now & that didnt even come up , i just told him that the vimpat had done pretty good at controlling my seizures but i was still having auras on a regular basis and wanted to know what he thought about doing to help those , and he told me this stuff , then refilled my dilantin & vimpat and told me to come back in 3 weeks to see if this had helped ?????? any further insight on this ?

yeah thats what i was thinking based on what i read , which makes zero sense to me because while i did have migraines ALOOOOT when i was younger , i hardly ever have them now & that didnt even come up , i just told him that the vimpat had done pretty good at controlling my seizures but i was still having auras on a regular basis and wanted to know what he thought about doing to help those , and he told me this stuff , then refilled my dilantin & vimpat and told me to come back in 3 weeks to see if this had helped ?????? any further insight on this ?

= Your doc's into trial-and-error. And guess who's his guinea pig!

= Your doc's into trial-and-error. And guess who's his guinea pig!
well that much i already knew , and for some reason it has more of a lab rat feel to it ( the whole guinea pig thing sounds to cute and innocent , lol ) grrr i dont know what to do , im sick of just taking what the doctor gives me and seeing what happens , if it were you in this situation , what would you do ? if you want to answer

if you don't like your dr treating you like a guinea pig, maybe it's time to start looking for a new one. i went through 4 neuros who treated me like that until i found dr. haut.

just remember, they have no control of your life, you do. go to someone who will make your life better, not use you to make other's better. you deserve the best. trials are meant for guinea pigs. unless you're in a trial, get out of there

and thanks for the luck lol. i've been in the hospital for 3 days, so i have plenty of nurses to keep me awake, hopefully :D

I hate the idea of adding yet another med to the two you're already on. Especially because beta-blockers like propranolol are pretty powerful stuff, with their own side effects. I would decline the propranolol, and ask again about upping the dose of the Vimpat. And maybe seek out a different neurologist.

if you don't like your dr treating you like a guinea pig, maybe it's time to start looking for a new one. i went through 4 neuros who treated me like that until i found dr. haut.

just remember, they have no control of your life, you do. go to someone who will make your life better, not use you to make other's better. you deserve the best. trials are meant for guinea pigs. unless you're in a trial, get out of there
believe me if i had a choice i would but we only have 2 neuros here and as hard as it is to fatham the other ones worse ! The closest ones after that are 2 hrs away , and i dont drive , dont have family here , and my husband usually works 7 days a week , best case scenario is 6 days , and he works 10 hr shifts and drives 2 hrs each way to get there and back so the ones out of town just arent possible for us , so i guess as much as i hate this doc , i feel like i have no choice because if i dont see him i cant get any meds for my E and i tried that a few yrs ago & that was a muchhhh worse scenario , phhhh i just dont know

if you are on disability, they can provide transportation, and my mom brings me an hour and a half to my neuro. its never a dead end. i know its hard, but still try to explore your options

no , not on disability , and the problem isnt my husband wanting to take me to the doctor , but unless he quits his job there arent physically enough hours in the day and if he does quit then we couldnt go anyways , maybe there is a way , but i just dont see it , anyhow moving on w/the pathetic thing i call a life now ...... thanks for everybodys input

underweather.jpg

OMG, I love this picture NeuroNotes! It soooo describes me yesterday!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: And I managed to sort of sleep....

Lovemyladybug and gr33nrose, I hope you both get some decent answers from your EEGs. I don't like the sleep-deprived ones AT ALL.....

I only had the sleep deprived test once, but got over-tired and then when they told me to sleep for the test (at 8.30am), I just couldn't so it was a disaster!

I love the picture - hope ye all get on well.

ohhhhhh , i needed a laugh ! i managed to do it with movies & taking the dog for several walks ! and yes i did look just that pretty when i left this morning , and even better when i got back with all that junk in my hair ( gotta love that ) thanks neuronotes

You're most welcome. I'm glad you got a laugh out of it. At least you got something out of this ordeal. I'm sorry to read about your doctor's visit. None if it makes any sense to me. It's such a shame that you don't have more neuro's in your area.

prescribed anti-psychotics for my stomach

Huh? :?

I agree with you and the other posters. You should definitely keep close observation of any possible adverse side-effects while on this cocktail.

Back
Top Bottom