EEG Spikes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
No, I don't mean the lines on paper kind. I mean the sticky glue-head look. You look like a teen-age kid with a superglue hair style. How did you get the stuff out? It won't come off with those little wet towel things. So how do you do it? I thought ahead and found the ladies room was directly across from the eeg room. I ran in there without anyone seeing me and washed my hair in the sink with that liquid hand-soap from the wall dispenser and dried it under the hand dryer. I was surprised when a lady came in and saw me bent over trying to dry my hair under that thing! I guess she was surprised, too. She really looked at me funny. Next time I'll bring a wig!:roflmao:

Curious why they didn't help you get it all out.
We never had an issue with this, and Rebecca has had three EEGs and one VEEG.
Will alcohol work?

I would think

that vinegar would work if you could stand the smell.

Try rubbing in conditioner to dry hair on the glue parts. Smush it into the glue. Then wash and condition again. We then comb small sections at a time. I hope that helps.

joan*

Tea tree oil will get the glue out, you can purchase that
in the hair section - either as an oil or a conditioner, just
let it soak in hair for a bit; I usually let it soak for at least
20 minutes before combing it out gently. It also is a wonderful
healing agent - especially for those who had those long term
monitoring and have those redness and itchy scalp or soreness!

Back
Top Bottom