Electroencephalogram - How many EEG, qEEG, QEEG, aEEG have you had?

Electroencephalogram: How many EEG, qEEG, QEEG, aEEG have you had?

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

brain

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
NOTE: This POLL DOES NOT include the
Video Electroencephalogram (vEEG)!
We have a separate poll for the vEEG.

ONLY applies to:

EEG - Electroencephalogram
qEEG - Quantum Electroencephalogram
QEEG (aka BEEM EEG) Quantitative Electroencephalogram
aEEG - Ambulatory Electroencephalogram

You may make any comment as you
so desire!

Last edited:
I had my first EEG in late 1969,
old Standard Electroencephalogram
machines, and they used pins back
then; and filled ink in the ink wells
and everything was recorded on paper,
and it was this way for many years
and I hated it!

Then I thought the Quantum EEG
machines were awesome until I met
the Quantitatives ....

And I can remember the first computerized
Quantitative - and it was kind of cool!
While no seizures were recorded, only
kindlings and spikes, but still it was
kind of neat for the first time on that
type of EEG machine!

LOL!

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmm,

I've had both the EEG, and the aEEG. As for the others, I'm really not sure. Probably, but I don't really know. In terms of NUMBER of them? Hahahaha. I've lost track......:roflmao:

I do remember being in the hospital as a kid, and having them done, and screaming. Hating every minute of it. The actual wires being stuck straight under my scalp.....my mom saying "Mary Lynn, calm down" and me telling her to SHUT UP. She's never had an EEG done....

Last edited:
I have had so many of these tests. I could almost tell the tech. how to hook up the wires.

Which one would you say was the most informative test, Hawke?

only 1. would be comforting to get another one or so, perhaps even beneficial in the scheme of things.

I've had E so long over 40 years have no idea how many EEGs I've had.
I started havine in the early 60's.
I've never had an ambulatory.

Belinda

Jacinta has had 4 EEG's the most recent on Monday, and with the results there will be more to come.

I've only had about 6 EEG's

but I remember my first as a kid. My dad took me to the mental hospital where he worked after hours when everyone was gone, introduced me to the technician who then gave me the EEG then let me play with it after he was finished. He let me keep the printout of my brain that I did while playing so I pinned it up on my wall in my bedroom. I loved it but I think my mom hated it because she eventually made me take it down.

I remember the EEGs I had with the needles when I was a kid.
I'll never forget that or the glue it would take 3 days get glue out of my hair.
VEEG I couldn't say how many I'
ve had.
My doctor use to have an office where I'd have an 8 hour one.
I'd bring tapes or a book to watch while I was having it.

Belinda

A good question

Because of the way seizures have decimated my long term memory an EEG count over 29 yrs is tough. I don't think it has been more than 10 but because of my problem falling asleep it has sometimes taken 3 test to get the desired result.

My first eeg was in 1975. We had to go under the hospital to get to it. How scary was that for a ten year old? Plus I had really long hair and that glue! yuck!

I've had 3.. One of them 2 weeks ago. The doctor doesn't seem to be getting what he wants from the tests though, becuase he wants to schedule me for yet another one.

I was lucky enough to only need a few EEGs in order to find my seizures. I know that especially with complex partial seizures, they may be hard to locate on EEGs. I had a few routine EEGs that showed driving response during photic stimulation and that was probably about it. Dr. H knew we were having seizures and have had seizure since age 6.
I had two EEGs when i was little at age 6 and 8 and was terrified and didn't like to go to the hospital all of the time. I had other impairments and conditions being treated there too. My last EEG was a ambulatory EEG and that showed lots of seizure activity and spike and waves going on, which was nice in a way since CPs are hard to find on most EEGs.

Take care everyone, be safe.
Barks from Umbro

How many EEG

3 one hour, 1 24 AEEG, 1 2 hour EEG ( sleep deprived) AWFUL EXPERIENCE) 1 24 Hour 1 rule out sleep study 4 sleep study titrations . ALL they have learned is that I have sleep apnea. Oh well 46 months sz free bless Lamictal

Well my son just had a sleep deprived eeg 2 weeks ago at the same place I used to go to as a child. He was very good. The results were not. But he did not have to go under the hospital. lol

That's why I got in the business

I had my first EEG also back in 1969. Many,many more since then. I worked with those first machines with paper and ink. So hard to clean!!!
Because of my abnormality-generalized spike and wave, I have been a guinea pig for EEG students and residents as well.
I had many normal EEGs before they finally caught the abnormality. I am very analytical and this job is still rewarding after 30 years!!

I have only had one, But I will be having another in a couple of weeks hopefully. The doctors would like to actually catch a seizure, (Wchich i don't really want too much :p )

Back
Top Bottom