[News] Embrace

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/892329?src=soc_fb_180210_mscpedt_news_mdscp_smartwatch&faf=1

"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cleared for marketing the Embrace smart watch (Empatica Inc) for seizure tracking and epilepsy management."

WILD - I started using one of these maybe a year ago. I just saw this Tweet today though and made me wonder if I'd actually been a tester for the product, while it being unknown to me.?.?. A blind taste test or whatever it's called?
I'm still waiting to get a text back from family for info, who got it for me...
879611469bf1a491820b8c3881a9fbae.jpg

...but here's the tweet too (if I can figure out how to CC: tweets onto this app...

https://twitter.com/eftx/status/961000623272587264

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* bump *

After developing a wearable device that can automatically detect seizures in people with epilepsy and immediately notify their caregivers, Empatica is planning to take the technology even further.

The Embrace wrist-worn device currently uses an artificial intelligence algorithm to spot the earliest signs of a convulsive seizure—and was proven in a study ahead of its 2018 FDA clearance to catch 100% of the 135 participants’ seizures. Its Boston-based maker now wants to expand its wearables’ AI technology to be able to detect oncoming seizures before they’ve even begun.

More:

Back
Top Bottom