Epi Improved w\gfdiet-md report

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

It's amazing the difference going GF can make. I originally went GF in April when my 7 yr old was diagnosed coeliac. Didn't think about a link with the E to start with, just did it for all of us in the family as being lazy I couldn't be bothered to cook separate dinners, so just made them GF for all of us. By the start of june, my daughter's absence seizures had all but stopped (she now has had only 2 since june instead of 3-5 a week! and the frequency of mine dropped as well. I didn't realise that doing this for my son would help me and my daughter too, but am now a complete convert! The one complaint I have is that the US seems to have so many more GF foods than the UK. Wish the UK would catch up!

It's amazing the difference going GF can make. I originally went GF in April when my 7 yr old was diagnosed coeliac. Didn't think about a link with the E to start with, just did it for all of us in the family as being lazy I couldn't be bothered to cook separate dinners, so just made them GF for all of us. By the start of june, my daughter's absence seizures had all but stopped (she now has had only 2 since june instead of 3-5 a week! and the frequency of mine dropped as well. I didn't realise that doing this for my son would help me and my daughter too, but am now a complete convert! The one complaint I have is that the US seems to have so many more GF foods than the UK. Wish the UK would catch up!

That's awesome! Congrats. Still helping me too, but I have had slip ups and people tell me it stays in your system for a while even from the tiniest little bits. Like I had Wendy's back at the beginning of August and had some beef jerky that had wheat in there. Can you believe that! I instantly got a headache before even reading that it contained gluten. Good luck with your diet!

It is amazing isn't it. Yet it does make sense, when you truly consider it.
There are a lot of online manufacturers, you might find products that you like.

Back
Top Bottom