Epilepsy and Handwriting

Epilepsy and Handwriting

• AEDs has improved my handwriting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surgery / VNS with or without AEDs have improved my handwriting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My hand writing is not an issue at all. I print everything and have ever since I was in high school....p' od the h s teachers but I didnt care and my cursive sucked anyway...I have actually gotten compliments of my handwriting. Only thing I write cursive is my signature.

I've been known to write several different ways in one paragraph. Especially if I stop and continue later. Now, I write most everything on word pad or processor.

When I answer someone in the forum, I print down a word I want to spell right in my answer.

My printing has become legible. The only thing I sign is my signature.

I really cannot answer this, I have had epilepsy since I was 4 so I have never had the oportunity to see if my handwriting was effected.
People always say me handwriting is messy, there are a lot of big loops, but they can always read it pretty easily.

Hi Nicole,

If people can read your handwriting easily, then you have good handwriting. If it was real messy, they would not be able to read it. That is my :twocents: anyway.

Yay, no one has ever said I have goof handwriting :).

EDIT: Oh no I meant good! That is what happens when I rush...

Last edited:
You have great computer spelling. If anyone has "goof" handwriting, it is me.

I put down on the poll: AEDS has decreased my handwriting. That is what happened to me.

My handwriting has always sucked. I quit making notes at work. I just type everything out. Spellcheck is the most awesome tool known to man. Made college a lot easier too.

I wouldn't say Epilepsy has effected my hand-writing,but maybe more the tablets I take.
I have noticed an increase in muscle twitches since starting on Keppra,so much so that when I write my hand spasms and my writing looks like a 5 year olds sometimes.

I tend to type things out.

My medicine causes my hands to shake which causes my handwriting to be terrible.

I prefer to type whenever I can.

Well if I try to write neat thats when i mess up the most. My neuro even complains about my writing when i bring my seizure diary for him to look at. He told me to try typing it for him next time.
I tend to slant my letters when i write, don't know if that has anything todo with the seizures and meds or not.

I wouldn't say Epilepsy has effected my hand-writing,but maybe more the tablets I take.
I have noticed an increase in muscle twitches since starting on Keppra,so much so that when I write my hand spasms and my writing looks like a 5 year olds sometimes.

I tend to type things out.

I am on Keppra, as well. I use to have muscle twitches and jerks all of the time, especially with my hands. My neuro put me on Mysoline for it. It works. My spasms have quit.

It's something which has never occurred to me, I must confess - but there again, I've always had the hand-writing of a Doctor - just ask the secretaries at work!

Col.

I don't know about epilepsy changing my handwriting, but whenever I have an icepick headache, my handwriting gets much smaller (I have big handwriting).

After I came out of my coma my writing was so bad. I had to learn my signature again. But just my epilepsy didn't change it. Now my son's is different, if he goes into clusters he has regressed also in his writing.

I work as a teacher cadet in a first grade classroom, and half of them have neater handwriting than me :roflmao: same when I worked in preschool last year

My hand writing does not seem to be affected, but my typing is. For a day or two following a seizure, I tend to type my words backwards! Strange :)

That is interesting, writing backwards. I do that a lot. It is called dylexia. Excuse my spelling.

Back
Top Bottom