Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The right hemisphere controls the left side of the body and has more spatial, artistic and musical abilities, and the left hemisphere controls the right side of the body and has better logical and language abilities.

...Most of us know this but I would suspect if we are born with a propensity to have superior left brain activity, then that's just what it is. And Epilepsy is Epilepsy. Many logical thinkers had Epilepsy i.e. Sir Isaac Newton, Aristotal (Buckeye, bet you'd like a chat with him!), Alexander the Great and so many others. But artists are more well known for having Epilepsy.

Last edited:
Hi Chris, maybe with practice, you have abilities that you do not know about.

I wrote about Bud Abbott in detail in my thread, Actor Grungberg. Has anyone read it. It is in the Kitchen.

Chris, it takes a lot of ability to be knowlegable in manth and physics, That is creativity, in my opinion.

Ward Bond was a film actor who had epilepsy.

He was born April 9, 1903 at Benkelman, Nebraska. He died November 5, 1960 at the age of 57 in Dallas, Texas. His first wife was Doris Sellers Childs, they married in 1936 She divorced him in 1944. His second wife was Mary Louise May, they married in the year 1954. She stayed married to him in 1960,"until death due you part."

He was an actor from 1929-1960. Ward went to the University of Southern California. He played on the same college football team (Trojans) as John Wayne. They were friends for life.

He became an actor in 1928. The most famous movies he was in: "It Happened One Night," "Bringing up Baby,"
"Gone With The Wind,(1939)," and "The Maltese Falcon 1941)"
He was in over 200 movies.

He starred in the NBC western television show, Wagon Train from 1957 until he died in 1960.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/list_of_people_with_epilepsy

Last edited:
Chris, I found a famous businessman who had epilepsy. I will do a write up of him tommorow. The people in math, physics etc. probably tried to hide their epilepsy because they were afraid of losing their jobs. There are many that we do not know about.

We come from all walks of life. Some try to hide it and succeed. Most are not famous enough to be recognized. Like you and me, we would never make the list because we are not famous. Just look at the people here at CWE, some are mathameticins, physics, and computer experts.

I don't see a difference between the one I posted to yours Shelley? :ponder:

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for List of famous people who have epilepsy in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.
This is what I got at first. I had to search for an actual list.
You must have fixed the link.

Hi Shelley, Tempus Fugit gave you the correct link.

I pressed on her link and got the list.
Did you scroll down from Prince John to the list?

Last edited:
Nope... I never fixed the link :S (and it would show that I edited the post if I had).

Maybe wiki was down when you tried clicking it before :ponder: No worries though :)

Sometimes the internet goes down and I do not get anything.

Shelley, I know you must have it now.

Hi Phylis,

I did not know he had an aneurosym. Thank you for the link. The modern day famous people who have epilepsy, we can keep up with their seizures and general health.

I named my son after Alexander the Great. I knew Dostoyefsky had it. But I did not know Poe had it.

Hi, I was just adding more information about Poe. Sorry, if too much was written about him.

I tried to send you a PM but I got a message saying that you are all stored up and there is no room for more PM's.

Back
Top Bottom