Epilepsy, Mother died, Father abandoned

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ihort

New
Reaction score
Hi I'm from Ukraine
sorry for my English, I hope you'll understand me

My friend Aleksandrs has epilepsy
Epilepsy began when his mother died.His father abandoned him after his mother died.
He has no citizenship of our country (Ukraine) because his father was from Latvia so he cant get any financial help in our country.
Now he has 1 epileptic fit/week. His monthly budget for food and medication - $35.
Perhaps there are some funds that help these people? Some site for donations or any other ways to help him?

Hi and welcome to CWE. Hopefully there are some people here from your part of the world who can respond, as financial assistance (if available) typically has to come from the country of residence or country of birth. Good luck to you and your friend.

Latvia I thought just become part of Europe I thought ukraine was if so he needs eu card he should be ok.Athough having been to Latvia Riga for hospital care not place I rush to again in a hurry

Hello Ihort , I am so sorry to hear of your Friends situation . Would you collect for him , if so I would send for him to at least help so he has his Meds . Let me know please .

I don't understand when I was in Latvia few years back I sure they just gone into Eu would he not been classed as Russian when he was child or he to young.i had medical treatment in Latvia and other Eu countries as long got card

Ihort , get him to make or you make a "GO FUND ME " OR GOFUNDME page on the internet . It's for people trying to raise money usually for surgery or something , I am sure people would Donate to This , it is REALLY worth a TRY !!!!!!!
Let me know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom