epis and neuros and psychs OH MY !!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

mel239

New
Reaction score
just a little humour there in the title--i love Wizard of Oz--Anyhow--I am coming up on 3 years of all this diagnosis,meds, multiple doc merry go round that many of you are intimately familiar with or unfortunately still in the process of(I am Sorry for you and wish you well)-so things are on a simmer here--through trial and error trileptal at 1400 mg has been drug of choice for almost 2 years -I think haha-it gets upped because every 4 months feels like it starts to wear off and needs a nudge-so last time they added 300 mg zonergran and only 1 seizure on Good Friday and a few "urges"but nothing developed.Still have this problem with instant visual hallucinations though but not affecting day to day activities.So heres my question-my epi has made it clear he only deals with seizures so how many of you out there also see a neuro for other RELATED issues? My problem is that the seizures may be going away,but wheres my life and job?When does that come back? Does a neuro help with memory issues that are still ongoing?What good is making a list when you finally find it you cant remember writing something that makes no sense?and how do you get a job when words are in your head but wont come out of your mouth?Or you turn to a stranger and ask them for a hundred dollars and you dont know why.I spent a year with a psychologist and i am no better off.today is my first appt with a psychiatrist-I see myself backsliding into some severe depression because i thought once he seizures were controlled i would have a life

I haven't seen a neurologist for anything but the seizures, but I did take a neuropsych exam with a psychiatrist. Its purpose was basically to take a snapshot of how my memory was functioning so that I can monitor how it changes over time. The psychiatrist did offer some general tips and tricks to help with memory issues, so perhaps your psychiatrist can do the same.

Back
Top Bottom