Ethan in hospital...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rhea

New
Reaction score
I know I haven't been posting much, but I have been a little out of it.
Ethan is losing his battle fast. He is in hospital in Fairfax VA, from our home hospital. His blood pressure is off the charts, and his organs and systems seem to be shutting down. He is in critical condition, and needs all of our prayers and well wishes. He's a lil' fighter, but his body and brain are tired. There are so many things going wrong that I don't even know where to start. Some of it is from the ACTH, some just because. I'll try to keep you updated, but I only have a little time between trips and stuff. He is also having another type of seizure activity( I think tonic clonic) has not been confirmed. I've seen God do bigger miracles than this, so there is still hope. Keep my daughter and the baby's dad in your thoughts as well, please. Thanks all,

Rhea

Thanks for updating us Rhea. My thoughts will be with you & Ethan. Meanwhile stay strong & Keep us informed.

Sorry to hear about your grand-baby. I hope things will turn around soon. We'll keep the little guy in our prayers.

What a terrible situation for your little one Rhea. I've seen (to many) small kids with similar severe E. and health problems admitted in hospitals/ER's and indeed I've seen miracles happen too. I do hope Ethan wins this battle. My thoughts are with him, his parents and grandparents.

:(

:e:

Get well soon Ethan. Courage to the parents.

Rhea,

I'm so sorry Ethan is going through all this. You and his parents must be beside yourselves - it's so hard to have a child who is ill. Kids are resiliant and fight their way through amazing things. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sending all my wishes for Ethan's recovery, and strength to you and his other loving members.

Ethan, we are all praying for you, do not underestimate the power of prayer

:( I'm so sorry to hear. I thought he was improving. ***hugs*** He's in my thoughts and prayers.

Rhea, I am so sorry that Ethan is that ill. My best wishes are with both of you.

Miracles do happen. When I was 6 years old, my parents were told I was going to die from Stevens Johnson Syndrome. I made it!! It was a miracle.

Think positive that a miracle will happen.

(((HUGS)))

Ruth -

I sorry to hear about little Ethan. Hope he'll pull through.

I'll be praying for him and his family. God does mighty works, and always wants the best for his children!

Thank you all. He is still in critical condition in ICU. there are so many things going wrong, seems like everyday there is something else. Everything is just wrong with him. He had a main line put into his chest today and has been unresponsive for 3 days. Doesn't even feel pain. How much can a little body and mind take???

Poor little thing, bless his little heart. Rhea I am so sorry he is not responding. Everyone here at CWE has him and your family in our thoughts and prayers. I wish I knew magic words to give you strength and comfort but you know there is a lot of support for you here. Take care of yourself too. ((((hugs))))

Thank you all. He is still in critical condition in ICU. there are so many things going wrong, seems like everyday there is something else. Everything is just wrong with him. He had a main line put into his chest today and has been unresponsive for 3 days. Doesn't even feel pain. How much can a little body and mind take???

:cry:

***hugs***

Back
Top Bottom