• Special Senses / Psychic Phenomena

Votes: 220 51.3%
  • Physical Automatisms

Votes: 138 32.2%
  • Nocturnal / Other

Votes: 96 22.4%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Similar. I jumped off couch late one night feeling extreme heat all over, yelled FIRE. By the time I reached upstairs, a mere 40 feet, my face went numb from top down. I was also tomato red all over. Husband took me to hospital fearing numbness might stop breathing. I was diagnosed with non-specific paresthesia. Very scary. No medical help. It passed in an hour. Since been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, with 14 symptoms. Having seizures is just a fun addition.

Whenever I have them I loose my strength in my figure tips and feet. Some times my tounge

With my 'auras' I get numbness or the feeling I am sparkling. Feels like a million small fireworks all over. I know then a seizure will follow quickly so I lay down.

I joined this group because my son had a seizure, but reading these posts makes me wonder if I was experiencing auras+ when I was in my teens/early 20s.

There were times when my vision would be interrupted by patches of fuzzy grey spots that I used to describe as missing puzzle pieces.

Panic terror.smell cheap perfume going off deja vu that flesh tic or bit stutter.mostly the terror

My auras/simple partial seizures are kind of hard to describe. I start to get a very strange feeling in the back of my head. Even more specifically, it is on the back right side. Sometimes things look weird people around me say I have an odd look on my face. I get no auras prior to my complex partials, which is troublesome.

I experience Physical Automatisms just before the seizures (this is a warning sign for me) and then experience the taste and smell after i come to throughout the confusion i still know who I am and what just happened. I just can't move for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom