Exploring the Gut-Brain Connection and Photosensitivity

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slim, welcome back. Gut origin of seizure is not a new subject, it just hasn't received the attention it deserves. Why get in the way of progress when many people may benefit if they focused on flora balance of the intestines? How did your own epilepsy begin? I saw your profile states possibility of Japanese encephalitis. Encephalitis can begin as a gastrointestinal problem as some viruses enter the body through the GI tract. Have you ever had GI symptoms?

Vaccine-induced encephalitis (brain inflammation) is infamous!! Sure, there are studies claiming it doesn't exist, but they're backed by the pharmaceutical industry which can hardly be trusted. Vaccine injury is real. Encephalopathy causes autism and epilepsy.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/post2468343_b_2468343.html

Hippocrates:
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/153...-epilepsy-is-divine-simply-because-they-don-t
http://www.stritch.luc.edu/cme/sites/default/files/cme/3_26_13_hecht.pdf

Eric, the article and the study is about Dravet syndrome which is a form of epilepsy brought on by vaccination. The study in Pediatrics is just another in a long line Pharma-backed studies claiming it's not fault of vaccines and that children are genetically predisposed to epilepsy. Meanwhile, the American Academy of Pediatrics receives plenty of funding from their Pharma cronies.

Last edited:
Vaccine-induced encephalitis (brain inflammation) is infamous!!
Keith, you have a habit of starting your paragraphs with remarks like "Everybody knows" or "________ is infamous". Sadly that is also a tactic that quacks use & if it's so famous please cite something that declares that fame.

Sure, there are studies claiming it doesn't exist, but they're backed by the pharmaceutical industry which can hardly be trusted. Vaccine injury is real. Encephalopathy causes autism and epilepsy.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/post2468343_b_2468343.html
Here's what I talk about in my previous post. I just posted how newspapers are not a good source of info & you post another newspaper article as "proof". You have such a low standard of proof that It is scary. What is even more bothersome is that you would take what the newspaper says as gospel over a scientific research paper.

To then claim that all that legitimate research, with more proof than the news is all run by the evil big pharma is exactly what conspiracy theorists claim. They can never show how big pharma runs the other reviews (except to post other peoples opinions) but they will swear it exists.

What you posted is a theory of a specific individual. One person thinking that does not make it so. It also makes claims without stating why the author believes those claims to be true and what she claims as "evidence" is either not evidence or very preliminary (in rats only).
There is no study, no mention of how she came to the conclusions she did.

Last edited:
Please respond to the concerns MaryK and I have posted earlier before flooding any more.

I just wonder if this particular thread is doing more harm than good. It seems to me Keith that some of the info you post is scary and not necessarily totally proven. As someone who has had dxed epilepsy for 41 years I am worried that those newly dxed or those with friends or children with epilepsy will take some of your info as 'gospel'. While I appreciate your dedication, I can see some misusing or misinterpreting some of your info.
As far as vaccinations, my grandson's pediatrician feels that is his most important task, to make sure all children are vaccinated.

CWE is a very special site compared to the majority of dross on the web these days. It's a site where people are used to receiving heartfelt advice, and the most truthful information others have or have experienced. Most of the time, that information will lead them on a cause of action that directly affects their lives in a very significant way.

Debate threads are all well and good, but when the 'information' in a thread entitled 'Exploring..' is merely flooded in by one person- and the huge amount of requests for proper, peer-to-peer evaluated references as evidence are simply ignored- and falls apart under light scrutiny, I have to wonder about the dangers this unproven so-called information can cause to our community.

This thread is not 'exploring' anything. It's merely a soapbox that is abusing the good nature and less-harsh rules of a genuine support site for a serious medical condition.

Eric, the article and the study is about Dravet syndrome which is a form of epilepsy brought on by vaccination. The study in Pediatrics is just another in a long line Pharma-backed studies claiming it's not fault of vaccines and that children are genetically predisposed to epilepsy. Meanwhile, the American Academy of Pediatrics receives plenty of funding from their Pharma cronies.
As I've said before, the argument that everything that doesn't agree with you is backed by big pharma is one that conspiracy theorists constantly use. Of course they try to use the argument that the fact that there is no evidence proves the conspiracy and that's what you're claiming.

Also, here is the site for the Dravets Syndrome Foundation. If your claim of it being caused by vaccines is true please show me on this site where it says as much. It is false claims like that that show you to have conspiracy type beliefs.

Last edited:
How interesting and sad that Dravet Syndrome includes chronic constipation, encephalopathy and photosensitivity where vaccination leads to initial seizures. And it's all chalked-up to a gene mutation which was never diagnosed before the vaccine and it's not hereditary. Perhaps the mutation begins in the womb via gene-microbe interaction, then vaccination adds insult to injury. Microbes can turn genes on and off and cause mutation in host genes.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1528-1167.2011.03311.x/abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3646330/
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1528-1167.2011.03012.x/abstract

I wonder if the mutation can be reversed similar to Celiac disease gene mutation after gluten-free diet. Unfortunately, scientists promoting genetic mutation as cause of Dravet leads to apathetic treatment. These children should have microbial DNA (PCR) stool testing to determine flora balance.

How interesting and sad that Dravet Syndrome includes chronic constipation, encephalopathy and photosensitivity where vaccination leads to initial seizures. And it's all chalked-up to a gene mutation which was never diagnosed before the vaccine and it's not hereditary. Perhaps the mutation begins in the womb via gene-microbe interaction, then vaccination adds insult to injury. Microbes can turn genes on and off and cause mutation in host genes.

I wonder if the mutation can be reversed similar to Celiac disease gene mutation after gluten-free diet. Unfortunately, scientists promoting genetic mutation as cause of Dravet leads to apathetic treatment. These children should have microbial DNA (PCR) stool testing to determine flora balance.
Keith, come back to earth here. You made a claim that Dravets syndrome is caused by vaccinations. Nowhere in any of the links that you posted does it say anything about Vaccines causing Dravets. If you can't show valid proof then maybe you should stop stating them as fact & using expressions like "everyone knows" or "it is common knowledge" when they don't and it isn't. Many quacks use these terms to con people into using their products & when you do it, it doesn't make you seem much better.

Vaccines may cause a seizure from fever as your link said but Vaccines do not cause epilepsy and when you talk like that, saying one thing but implying another it shows a dishonest manipulation and uses fear from false information to scare people. Again, many quacks use this technique and I'm sad that you can sink to such low standards of spreading false information in such a deceptive way.

I also don't see anything "interesting" about Dravets causing chronic constipation, encephalopathy and photosensitivity since none of those are associated with vaccines or epilepsy.

Wondering if Dravets Syndrome can be reversed by avoiding gluten because celiacs is a sensitivity to gluten is like thinking that foot cream would cure measles because foot cream cures foot fungus. The two have nothing to do with each other.

You made a claim about vaccines & Dravets. Regardless how sad Dravets is you are changing topics rather than proving your point. This behaviour is typical of people that have no valid arguments for their claims.

Also, it is getting tiring having you make claims & post numerous links that either disprove your claims or just don't prove them at all. Please read your links all the way through & not just the headlines.

Last edited:
Gut origin of seizure is not a new subject, it just hasn't received the attention it deserves. Why get in the way of progress when many people may benefit if they focused on flora balance of the intestines?
It hasn't received the attention because there has been no proof. Even you can't provide proof & claim that whoever proves it to not work is being manipulated by Big pharma.

Vaccine-induced encephalitis (brain inflammation) is infamous!! Sure, there are studies claiming it doesn't exist, but they're backed by the pharmaceutical industry which can hardly be trusted. Vaccine injury is real. Encephalopathy causes autism and epilepsy.

Sorry but Vaccine-induced encephalitis is not famous. You can't cite any good evidence to back your claim so you focus on "big pharma" and discuss the conspiracy theory that they control all the data. What a great way to distract from the fact that you have not a crumb of evidence for your claims.

How did your own epilepsy begin? I saw your profile states possibility of Japanese encephalitis. Encephalitis can begin as a gastrointestinal problem as some viruses enter the body through the GI tract. Have you ever had GI symptoms?
Keith, you are showing a complete ignorance of basic human biology. Numerous viruses that enter the body through the respiratory system (flu for one) cause GI symptoms. Having those symptoms has nothing to do with how healthy your gut flora is. Please stop making empty and untrue claims that contradict human biology.

Last edited:
More regarding Bifidobacteria. They're known anti-inflammatory, tightening gut-junctions and stimulating antibody release from Peyer's patches of the small intestine. Now I'm learning they can lower ammonia which is a cause of seizure and brain damage:
Keith, nowhere is amonia mentioned. I know you like posting links but reading them first might help you prove your points better.

Some strains of Bifidobacteria suppress/lower histamine:
That is not necessarily a good thing
As part of an immune response to foreign pathogens, histamine is produced by basophils and by mast cells found in nearby connective tissues. Histamine increases the permeability of the capillaries to white blood cells and some proteins, to allow them to engage pathogens in the infected tissues.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histamine

Quote form a study: "Lactate is the primary fermentation product of Bifidobacteria, much of which is converted to butyrate by secondary fermenters (clostridia)." Lactate is also brain fuel:
Neither your quote nor your link say anything about 'brain fuel" it does say is
Synaptosomes from the adult brain and many preparations of cultured neurons have high capacities to increase glucose transport, glycolysis, and glucose-supported respiration, and pathway rates are stimulated by glutamate and compounds that enhance metabolic demand
That means that it increases the transportation of glucose which means we need to metabolise more. It says nothing of increasing the metabolism so that might cause problems.

I wonder if lactate in the brain drives gluconeogenesis in the brain to balance blood sugar/glucose in the brain to avert hypoglycemic seizure. We also know the brain makes its own insulin, though we don't know how; Alzheimer's is called type-3 diabetes.

To wonder something like that shows how little you understand what that link said. If you insist on making claims from medical articles you've read maybe you should take a basic medical course so you can understand such things better.
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias manifesting in unskilled individuals suffering from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude. Conversely, people with true ability tend to underestimate their relative competence based on the erroneous or exaggerated claims made by unskilled people.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Last edited:
There are many forms of intellectually dishonest debate tactics. Some are quite simple yet can be very effective for an argument that has no actual evidence to back it up.

One could be known as the 'barrage of numbers'. A very simple tactic which merely involves stating your claim and ignoring any questions, whilst then flooding the debate with a huge amount of supposed evidence- to appear to a casual reader that it is in fact widely supported.

When flooding links in an online debate, the debater depends on the fact that the casual reader won't bother to follow the links and will just take it as gospel. This has a strange side effect that a lot of the links may actually be opposed to their argument! The debater takes that chance, as they only have a belief to spout with no evidence, and doesn't have the time to check the huge amount of links they've posted anyway.

Another tactic could be described as 'appealing to false authority'. This is again a very simple tactic used as a last-stand, and extremely common on the internet. It merely involves pretending that the sources of claimed evidence are in fact valid and legitimate, again relying on the fact the casual reader won't bother to check their veracity amongst the billions of other sites.

When a debater starts using last-stand tactics such as these, it is a sure sign their argument is invalid, and closer to just an opinion than proven science.

Last edited:
So Keith, I invite you once more to get down from your soapbox and explain to us why you think it's ok to abuse our gentle community by flooding unproven, belief-based 'information' onto a medical support forum, that could be a danger to those reading it and their children.

Please respond to the concerns MaryK and I have posted earlier before flooding any more.

I just wonder if this particular thread is doing more harm than good. It seems to me Keith that some of the info you post is scary and not necessarily totally proven. As someone who has had dxed epilepsy for 41 years I am worried that those newly dxed or those with friends or children with epilepsy will take some of your info as 'gospel'. While I appreciate your dedication, I can see some misusing or misinterpreting some of your info.
As far as vaccinations, my grandson's pediatrician feels that is his most important task, to make sure all children are vaccinated.

CWE is a very special site compared to the majority of dross on the web these days. It's a site where people are used to receiving heartfelt advice, and the most truthful information others have or have experienced. Most of the time, that information will lead them on a cause of action that directly affects their lives in a very significant way.

Debate threads are all well and good, but when the 'information' in a thread entitled 'Exploring..' is merely flooded in by one person- and the huge amount of requests for proper, peer-to-peer evaluated references as evidence are simply ignored- and falls apart under light scrutiny, I have to wonder about the dangers this unproven so-called information can cause to our community.

This thread is not 'exploring' anything. It's merely a soapbox that is abusing the good nature and less-harsh rules of a genuine support site for a serious medical condition.

Last edited:
Thank you epileric for taking the time to specifically address some of the assertions that have been made on this thread. I frankly have not had the patience or the stomach for that, and I truly appreciate you taking the time to do it.

I check back in here from time to time because I really feel that a responsible and scientifically grounded discussion of this topic could be extremely helpful and useful to this community. I am constantly disappointed and frequently upset by the completely irresponsible misuse of "science" that is the theme here. Keith - you do not seem to have any true understanding of how basic science works, and you are not doing your cause any good by the absurd way you are presenting your case for it here.

In fact, you are working in a manner that is the OPPOSITE of how science operates: you are starting with a settled conclusion that you believe no matter what ("the majority of epilepsy is of gut origin") and then cherry-picking evidence that seems to supports it - not very well or very convincingly I might add. For you that assertion is not a "hypothesis" but instead a settled "truth", which means that everything can be used to back it up - even studies that argue the opposite of what you are saying can be evidence for it as soon as you assert that there is a conspiracy against the "truth". This is very dangerous, and is the enemy of true inquiry. You repeatedly make the same inaccurate claims, and I do not think you have once directly addressed the specific criticisms and challenges that others have directed at you (some of which are very specific and could have been addressed fairly easily).

If you would like to explore this issue further I will join others in suggesting that you take the time to ground yourself in basic scientific and biological principles and refrain from posting what you are "wondering," "considering," and "discovering" until you have a stronger understanding of what you are talking about. It is doing more harm than good.

Keith, ever hear of confirmation bias?
It seems you looks for answers based on what you want, seldom reading them for the actual content.

I would like to say, that if you wish to show scientific peer reviewed studies by actual people in the stated field of expertise, perhaps more people would be inclined to read and refer to this thread.
What you have is less that ideal. You show a lot of less than reputable articles and sites that aren't too helpful.
This forum is about camaraderie and help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keith, please avoid confirmation bias.
Cite actual peer reviewed medical studies, and not wild guesses.

google has you at the bottom of the list.

Several outspoken people here in denial which is fine with me as it brings needed attention to the gut-brain connection. My posts are for people who take the time to understand these connections without denigrating the ideas or the messenger. My posts are also meant for caretakers of people with epilepsy.

When I discovered Great Lakes beef gelatin halted seizure clusters after one seizure in my dog (what would have otherwise been horrific 3-day clusters), I thought it was about gelatin acting as bandage in the gut, trapping toxins and protecting vagal nerves. Then I learned alanine is high in gelatin (as well as brain-calming glycine) and that alanine is precursor of carnosine known to slow kindling in amygdalas. Now I'm still learning about how alanine somehow makes lactate available for the brain to produce glucose in gluconeogenesis to avert hypoglycemic seizure. Note: gelatin is no cure, it was just therapy to halt clusters. The underlying microbial imbalance causing hypoglycemia needed to be addressed. Also, fasting was crucial to halt clusters.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...ssCustomisedMessage&userIsAuthenticated=false

My dog appeared to have obvious insulin issues. Once I gave her some lactulose with intent to help with constipation which predicted seizure activity. Lactulose is extremely sweet and she went into what appeared to be insulin shock, much scarier than even a seizure.
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/616534/abs/

I still believe in the mechanical benefit of gelatin because the first time I halted a cluster in my dog was using an intestinal cleansing formula with pectin as first ingredient and lots of fiber. That's when I began searching for an even better "gut bandage." But now I'm also learning pectin feeds bifidobacteria which produce lactate, brain fuel of gluconeogenesis. Apple-a-day, so they say.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20304079
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12100587
http://aem.asm.org/content/77/16/5747.full
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00926834#page-1

And how interesting bifidobacteria lower ammonia!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19730107

Last edited:
Several outspoken people here in denial which is fine with me as it brings needed attention to the gut-brain connection. My posts are for people who take the time to understand these connections without denigrating the ideas or the messenger. My posts are also meant for caretakers of people with epilepsy.

Keith, you should re-asses who is in denial. Every time you post it is shown to you how your claims are either contradictory or irrelevant. Looking at evidence is not staying in denial. The fact that you have made up your mind and just cherry pick things on extremely unreliable sources would tend to imply you might be in denial. Quacks & conspiracy theorists also use this ploy to devalue the proof of opposing views by saying "oh, they're just in denial" yet avoid proving any of their claims like you do.

Also, you try to use science to prove your claims (though very poorly) and when someone else shows how you're wrong you claim that their science is controlled by big pharma. I do find it amusing that you can show no proof or reason to think that big pharma controls any of the science used to discredit you( I guess in your mind that is the proof) but I'd like to know how you're so sure that the science you say backs your claims (though it doesn't) isn't controlled by big pharma or some other organization and that everyone who contradicts you uses science that is.
Sure, there are studies claiming it doesn't exist, but they're backed by the pharmaceutical industry which can hardly be trusted.

I'm sorry Keith but you are showing that you believe in conspiracies & not valid, logical science even though you try to use science sites to "prove" your claims.

Big Pharma Conspiracy
According to Blaskiewicz, the Big Pharma conspiracy theory has four classic traits: first, the assumption that the conspiracy is perpetrated by a small malevolent cadre; secondly, belief that the public at large is ignorant of the truth; thirdly, that its believers treat lack of evidence as evidence; and finally, that the arguments deployed in support of the theory are irrational, misconceived or otherwise mistaken.[1]
Isn't this exactly what you claim?

Anyone who takes the time to look at facts will see how your claims hold no water. Sluffing people off like that to try & give the impression that you know what you're talking about is again another ploy used by quacks and snake oil salesmen.

You have been asked to prove numerous things and all you can do is attack the people contradicting your false claims by saying that they're in denial. This tends to show me and everyone else how you lack any validity.

When I discovered Great Lakes beef gelatin halted seizure clusters after one seizure in my dog (what would have otherwise been horrific 3-day clusters)
Keith. There is so much wrong with this claim that I'm amazed you can't see it. First off, how do you know that your dog would have had a 3 day cluster seizure had you not given him that supplement if it didn't happen.

Secondly, We are not dogs & to think that because something worked on 1 dog (or even more) that it is good for humans shows a lack of common sense that tells me you should not be giving advice on the internet. This is not denial, this is a sad fact of your claims.

My dog appeared to have obvious insulin issues. Once I gave her some lactulose with intent to help with constipation which predicted seizure activity. Lactulose is extremely sweet and she went into what appeared to be insulin shock, much scarier than even a seizure.
How would you know the difference if you're not a vet?

I still believe in the mechanical benefit of gelatin because the first time I halted a cluster in my dog was using an intestinal cleansing formula with pectin as first ingredient and lots of fiber. That's when I began searching for an even better "gut bandage." But now I'm also learning pectin feeds bifidobacteria which produce lactate, brain fuel of gluconeogenesis. Apple-a-day, so they say.

Again, I have showed you how your links say no such thing & yet you repeat the same disproven drivel again & again. Not one link even has the word gelatin in it. This makes it obvious to me that you're not reading any of the links you post or anything on your own thread except your own posts. This is not a discussion you are having, it is a discussion you are avoiding because you will be shown to be wrong and That is exactly how quacks behave.

And how interesting bifidobacteria lower ammonia!
I love when you say "how interesting". You want us to believe that what you say is valid proof yet you don't understand that just because something is interesting does not make it true. This shows us what a low level of evidence you will accept just to make your point. Just because something lowers ammonia in people with cirrhosis doesn't mean that ingesting it has any such effect on people without cirrhosis.

Please Keith, take a course in chemistry, biology, science or anything to help you understand these principles you talk about better.

Last edited:
Brain inflammation initiates seizures
http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v14/n12/full/nm1208-1309.html
Recent research has compellingly highlighted the involvement of blood-brain barrier (BBB) permeability in the development of epilepsy.

What's becoming known is that an inflammatory leaky gut is a cause of leaky brain leading to brain inflammation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/h...c-fight-inflammation.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/12/131219082754.htm
http://www.epilepsycurrents.org/doi/abs/10.5698/1535-7511-14.s2.3
http://www.cell.com/trends/neurosciences/abstract/S0166-2236(12)00205-6
http://www.epilepsyresearch.org.uk/anti-inflammatory-drugs-shown-to-reduce-epilepsy-seizures/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447120/
http://blogs.naturalnews.com/leaky-brain/
http://www.glutenfreesociety.org/gl...-continued-leaky-brain-syndrome-and-epilepsy/
http://www.fasebj.org/content/28/6/2551
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140602104749.htm
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/psychobiotics-bacteria-your-brain
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2982.2012.01906.x/abstract
http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4939-0897-4_13
https://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/gutmicrobes/article/29417/?nocache=1366919126
http://www.nature.com/nrgastro/journal/v10/n6/full/nrgastro.2013.76.html#f1
http://www.gastrojournal.org/articl...r=http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19457424
http://empoweredsustenance.com/gut-brain-axis/
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/09/gut-feeling.aspx

Bifidobacteria in the gut affect the brain via vagal pathways:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3413724/

Brain inflammation initiates seizures
Keith, it is obvious that you like posting lots of links to give the appearance of lots of evidence but these are either totally irrelevant or notorious conspiracy site. I do notice that you never quote from your links, you just put up links that if anybody were to check would realise have no relevance or validity.

Seizures caused by inflammation of the brain is nothing new nor does it make any reference to an association with the gut. Why is this first link even relevant?

What's becoming known is that an inflammatory leaky gut is a cause of leaky brain leading to brain inflammation.

Um.... no
Of the large list in the middle:
Link 1 is a newspaper report that says it's being researched It makes no mention of any validity being shown yet.

The 2nd through 7th links are all about inflammation and its various causes. Not one mention of leaky gut syndrom

Yaaay, finally the 8th link mentions leaky gut syndrome. It is however a scam site that offers "courses" yet no mention of who teaches them, what their qualifications are or any of the normal things I'd expect from a respectable school. For someone so suspicious of conspiracies I'm surprised it didn't occur to you that maybe these people are just doing it for the money.

Links 9 & 10 are about inflammation again and the blood brain barrier.

Link 11 is a website where anybody can contribute. It's the same site that You contribute to yourself Keith. Anonymously contributing to this site, even if you claim to be a doctor really has no value. Show me a medical journal please.

Links 12 & 13 are book reviews that say
Results & Conclusions The strongest evidence for a role of microbes as signaling components in the gut-brain axis currently arises from animal studies
That means that there is nothing definite yet & the best they have doesn't even apply to humans.

Link 14 says that they don't know what the supposed gut/brain connection does
FGIDs comprise a heterogeneous group of disorders, with unclear underlying pathophysiology.

Link 15 is inaccessible because you have to pay to see it. It does mention some link but it doesn't say what that link is. The link could be that the brain produces something similar to what is produced in the gut.

Link 16 goes to gastroenterology magazine. Medical journals are rated by their Impact factor. For example,The World Journal of Gastroenterology has an impact factor of 2,547. The Hepatology Journal has an impact factor of 12,003. The journal you're using has an impact factor of 12.821
I don't think any publication with such a low impact factor should be used to try to prove anything.

Link 17 is to a naturopaths homepage. To say that someones homepage is proof of something when the goal of the website is to get you to visit their clinic is ridiculous. Never mind how naturopathy has no scientific basis

Number 18 is a journal with an impact factor of 5.45. Not very reliable.

Bifidobacteria in the gut affect the brain via vagal pathways:
Again the last link talks about rodents & how they are effected. I've told you before, that makes it very, very preliminary. Even they say more research needs to be done.
The identity of nerves affected by the probiotic needs further study.
That means they haven't reached a conclusion yet.

Last edited:
Keith, why do you keep ignong such serious, but simple questions? Don't you want to join in with the community you're flooding? Aren't you worried about the harm your unproven, even unchecked lol floods of random links might do on a medical support forum?

I keep asking you to answer before you flood any more, but you completely ignore me and carry on flooding. Quite a few of us are worried about the harm your unproven 'information' might do. Do you really care so little about CWE that you are happy to post massive floods of dangerous trash without even checking it first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom