Expressive Aphasia

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bee91

New
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had this? I think this is what it would be...Sometimes I couldn't talk at all...other times my words would come out jumbled...it sounded like I was speaking another language. I have had it...temporarily...I don't know if it usually is a permanent thing...or what...It lasted about an hour...Has anyone else ever had this problem?

I forgot to say it alway happened after a seizure...So I think it had something to do with something misfiring....Any ideas of what it could be?

Yes!....definitely!......

It sounds like good old post-ictal confusion to me. I can't speak for everyone...and there are others MUCH more adept at researching this subject, but after seizures disorientation can be more than just dizziness. It can manifest itself in loss of ability to speak, to think clearly, loss of motor skills, hallucinations, and many other things I've heard others speak about.

For myself, I have similar side effects to what you just described...and they last about that long (or less) if I'm lucky.

I will look for post-ictal related threads and post some links back here.

Peace.
:rock:

hmm...that makes a lot of sense...but most of the time, Im not even aware that I had a seizure...my friends always say oh yeah you just had a seizure like ten minutes ago...and I would yell at them for not telling me...but I cant:bigsmile:--lucky for them...

Last edited:
That's what I go through!...

My wife tells me "you just had a seizure"...I say "no I didn't"...and she says, "check out your tongue fool!"...

She doesn't really call me a fool....that's just how I feel at that point, ya know?

Supposedly that's about 45minutes after the actually convulsing' has ended...so I'm 'out of it' for quite awhile. I then go on to feel like crap (but at least slowly more lucid) for another 12 hours or so.

They suck.
:agree:

:agree:They do suck! I am so tired of them. I just want to be able to get through a day of school. And be able to drive. And get a job. And go to college. And HAVE A LIFE:soap:

Back
Top Bottom