Extremely emotional before and after a TC?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lol,qtown sure was,just took a year to get to court,well they bottled it a day before the court date,pussys!!!

Unreal Neil, so sorry to hear you had to go through that. But, the fact that you were strong enough to fight for what was fair speaks loads for the rest of us, like 'screw you you're not getting away with this.' Good for you.

Cant believe you would think i would get fired for a general unfair dissmissal!!!,lol.Ill tell you this they tried every trick in the book to wriggle out of it,and they always will,i tell you.

They can't fire you for having E but they'll find any other reason to get you outta there...feckin awful, I hate it :/

I had a job last summer and the boss and my peers loved me- came to work one day with a huge gash on me forehead after a great TC and I tried to shake it off but the uppers let me go for "work attitude and performance". My peers liked me, took it to our CEO and we got me reinstated but was only part time and I wasn't allowed to work with the general public anymore though I worked with fun people and had great people skills :/

Yeah,well its was slightly more complicated than normal,i tree planted and was sub contracted to a company,had seizure the boss wouldnt work with me.So,they said i was self employed so was not their liability.But we had done a few weeks work paid by the hour,i found the invoices that then proved they had employed me.Game,set and match u bunch off,well ill leave that up to you guys imaginations!!!

Just had a thought hope they dont read this i signed a form to never talk of this or i would have to give back my ill gotten gains,f£%k em,its all gone now.

Just had a thought hope they dont read this i signed a form to never talk of this or i would have to give back my ill gotten gains,f£%k em,its all gone now.

Hehe... what happens on the site, stays on the site.
Don't worry, we won't tell.

Yes, and the best part, I havent been diagnosed as having seizures. I get real wound up first, like I've taken speed or something. Once the rush is over, I feel drained, exhausted and usually I get weepy. I cry. I weep for a few minutes, then try to think of why I am weeping. I remember, that the dr's are telling me what I am experiencing is impossible. That its anxiety. That I need a pychiatrist. And it usualy happens in the morning and or evenings. I can be watching TV, listening to a song, see the expression of dispair on someone's face, and I cry. Sometimes I cry, when I should be laughing. So your not alone. I only wish I could have closure to my situation, a diagnosis or a flat out, Im off my rocker. If I can just put a handle on it, then perhaps it will be easier to carry it. I hope your dr's are able to help you get thru this. Good luck.

I hate grand mal seizures! I hate them! I had on yesterday morning. I was sleeping. I woke up feeling as though I was going to vommit. I cried, I didn't pee. I have an eye infection and a uti and that is probably what set it off. Already been to the doc. And I agree. I think it is probably harder for men to deal with epilepsy in this case then women. Just when I think of my son having it also. I think you really have to be a very secure person and a person who can learn from others as well as teach about it.

Had one yesterday that was awful- my head is still pounding like I hit with a nightstick.

Sometimes it's better to be left alone- this random guy turned me over completely and I hit my head over and over on the marble floor of the building I was in. Worst. Bruise. Ever.

Rebecca cried after on particular seizure, and I remember telling the doctor at UCLA. He used that line as a reason her episodes were PNES, because one doesn't cry after a seizure.

???

So if you wake up with all of the high school around you, and you don't know what just happened, and you are saying "Oh sh*t not again" and you cry a little bit, that makes your episodes PNES. Good one doc.... and this was a teaching hospital.

Mostly Rebecca was just wanting to sleep it off, and her mood was rather monotone.

Pfffft and psssssh!! ...if crying postictally meant it was a PNES then I'm pretty sure around 1/2 the E community has continuing PNES and no epilepsy! That's just ridiculous for that doctor to say such things (let those sorts of doctors have a seizure of any sort and we'll see what they do/say... I'm so glad to have found a wonderful epileptologist!).

When I come to there are at least 4 people (but usually around 8 of them- I love them to bits, God love them for their patience and sweetness- the uni's EMTs that come off campus, to the one block radius areas immediate surrounding the grounds in town, travel in packs like wolves...) I freak the (pardon) f-ck out...my crying is probably preferable to me punching an EMT or injuring myself by thrashing myself away from them, not that I actually get far (unless three feet counts lol). I've done all of those but usually just the thrashing and weeping. When you wake up to (pardon) sh-t tons of people all around you putting oxygen on, pricking fingers, asking loaaaads of questions, etc. my mind freaks out and I cry and thrash because I haven't a clue as to what's going on.

On a positive note, I've apparently managed to "teach myself??" how to say the word "postictal" after seize ;)

Go brain! hahaha now if I could just train it to not seize??

I cry because I am in pain. If I have not had a seizure in a long time.I am in a lot of pain. My eegs will proove that they are real.

Rebecca cried after on particular seizure, and I remember telling the doctor at UCLA. He used that line as a reason her episodes were PNES, because one doesn't cry after a seizure.

???

So if you wake up with all of the high school around you, and you don't know what just happened, and you are saying "Oh sh*t not again" and you cry a little bit, that makes your episodes PNES. Good one doc.... and this was a teaching hospital.

Mostly Rebecca was just wanting to sleep it off, and her mood was rather monotone.

FUUUUUCCCCCKKK THAT. Are they for real? We all have our own reasons for being emotional after a seizure, esp. after a T-C (that's what Rebecca has right?)... Jesus!!!!!!
Teaching hospital or not, they ain't teachin the right thing!!!
I know all about my E and I still LOSE IT after I've woke up and realized, exactly what you said, "Oh sh*t not again."

One doesn't cry after a seizure? They need to go back to school, that is absolutely absurd. FFS do we all need to start being each other's doctors, we seem to know more about this than they do!

So sorry your girl has to deal with this BS - it's hard enough being a teenager!!

I was talking to a psychologist I see maybe once per month (stress really sets me off so I see him to let off some steam- he's got a few patients with E) and he was saying how surprised he was to hear nearly every one of his patients with E say how, because of these forums and chats and even just regular sites, they feel like they know a lot more than many doctors because of all the stories and shared experiences, not to mention discussions like this one about drugs, emotions and seizures themselves!

Does Rebecca have an account here?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom