Eye Twitching

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Has anyone had a lot of eye twitching in relation to their meds or seizures? My eye has been twitching a lot, looks like I'm winking at someone. I just read it can be a side effect of meds. I've been on meds for going on 2 years but I suppose mild effects can appear anytime

AngelwithDentedHalo

My face and eye on my right side do this although now it seams to be just me who can feel it and notice it but I am still very aware of it. I had MRI and CAT scan they say its not related that its nerves that are damaged. My left arm is very bad most of the time and they have no reason for this. Wanted to give me botox injections for my face but I said no had to fight my way out of that one, they were very insistent about it.

Mine isn't constant but several times a day. I don't blame you, I wouldn't want needles in my face either. Bad enough I had two in my tongue other day to remove bumps on my tongue. lol Luckily it was numb first

I get the eyelid twitching also. It is really fast though, I don't think anyone could move their eyelid that fast on purpose. Mostly, for me, it is in the morning when I am getting ready for work. It is rather an annoying feeling. But sometimes, it happens randomly, and sometimes I don't even feel it. A friend will tell me my eyelid is going crazy. I have no idea what causes it for me.

Also check out how creepy the twitching eye is...

my eyes have twitched since ive started having seizures, thats been 15 yrs. if im on meds or not they still twitch. often i have a seizure within 2 days to 2 weeks of the twitchin beginning. sometimes ill twitch n go rite into the seizure.....i dont no how to explain it its almost like im trying to pull myself out of one. i no this probably doesnt help much, but im not sure what causes it, and im yet to find a dr to answer any questions i have about the twitchin. i havent found a dr around here to help me with any of my problems let alone my seizures. good luck to you

My lower right lid will twitch at night. It started after I started taking topiramate. It doesn't twitch all the time just at night if I am exhausted. I ake it as my cue that I really, really need to go straight to bed!

Thats what i do, try to lay down, relax, think happy thoughts....sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt....however when my eyes twitch they twitch like 100 times and i dont mean to its like a terits thing but my arms usually go out in front of me while they r twitching and i say something like " oh shit, fuck ,no here it comes" and even worse things, but its like im trying to pull myself back to keep from seizing....but the twitchin continues for either minutes to weeks before i seiz...im not sure y and i havent found a dr that cares to look into it so idk hon....i do wish u luck with yours if a dr tells u anything plz let me know...good luck

I dont have twitching, but when the stress starts to build up I seem to have tingling on the right side of my face and neck down to my right shoulder and arm. It has gotten worse since they upped my medicine....again. I'll give it about 3-6 months and it will probably start to fade and become less and less.

I get it now and then, it could last for a few days, always my left eye. I haven't had it for a good long while, don't know if it is stress or fatigue or what. I take magnesium citrate, apparantly westerners are very low in it because of agricultural practices, and generally people with epilepsy are incredibly low in it, but one of the symptoms of deficiency is muscle and nerve twitching. A friend of mine with epilepsy was having constant twitching during recovery from an operation and she started taking it and it was gone after a few days, it may be a co-incidence, it may not. Citrate and Stearate are good forms to take but chlorate is only 4% bioavailable. It might be worth a try?

Back
Top Bottom