Facebook Page?

Would you like a facebook page?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Aaleayha

New
Reaction score
Hi, I know I just joined but I couldn't help but wonder if I could start a Facebook Page to support this site? But I wanted to know if Bernard or any MOD would approve (allow) me to do this.

I have a seizure support group already but it has no activity. I was going to re-vamp the group to make it a supporting page.

Is this alright?

~ Aaleayha

Aaleayha, my name is Justin and I'm a member of the largest epilepsy community on Facebook, Team Epilepsy. If you'd like, you can post about your group through our comments and you might get more people from our community of nearly 150,000 strong to join your group. Hope this helps-best of luck!

thank you so much! The group is called Support Coping w/ Epilepsy.

How would it work? Only CWE members that want to join, join? Or would we all automatically be on there?

No it's just a group that supports the site. Outside members can join. I have the link for the site in the description so they can just click on the link if they want to join the site as well. :) It's justa faster version of our forums. hehe. and some people get on facebook a lot more.

Cant stand face book,will never join face book,i just dont care if someone wakes up with a cough and has a cup off tea and toast,just doesnt effect my life,and wont effect my life.But if any of you guys think it will be a benifit then you should go for it,im quite happy here thank you very much.

i just dont care if someone wakes up with a cough and has a cup off tea and toast,just doesnt effect my life,and wont effect my life.
LOL - EXACTLY. Well put Neil. FBook has become the rot of society, in my opinion anyway. I'm happy here too, don't think I'll be joining either.
But, to each their own, it's a good idea for those that are into it.

Lol qtown,my mates got well over six hundred friends,he was round the house and i goes how many do you talk to face to face? Twenty or so he mumbled,then even admited there were plenty he didnt talk to in the shop,your right,face book is the devil in disguise so watch out people lol!!!

Last edited:
.... ok then. I have 57 "facebook friends", whom I know very well and have talked face to face. We're all family. Not everyone are idiots. Not to mention it helps spread the word about Purple day and other events that support awareness. If you don't like what people say on their status.... then defriend them. But I guess I would care about the guy with a story behind him. I like making people feel better and talking with them about their problems without making them pay 10 to see me. I don't just care about me.

no offense, Neil, your comment just rubbed me the wrong way.

If you don't like what people say on their status.... then defriend them.

Please read my post properly,i am not on facebook,and never will,so how can i defriend them???

Also do not say i do not care about anyone,just me,you certainly dont know me apart from a few lines of text.Im sorry for having an opinion.I have also said facebook is not for me as have others.Im perfectly happy on CWE,if you dont like people disagreeing with you then you need to get used to it,because thats life.Im not a confrontational person and if you feel your face book page will help spread the word,then you go for it,no hard feellings.

Sorry,but your comments rubbed me up the wrong way too,i also have no further wish for a round 3!!!

Last edited:
Facebook is a double edged sword for me. I do have one, however the only 'friends' I have on Facebook are real life friends and family. It does allow us to share things more quickly (ie I can take a photo and upload it to FB in a matter of seconds for all my friends and family to see) I could do the same thing with email but it does take a little bit longer. The downside...the really big downside is that it makes me and others a little anti-social. I have to force myself to call my mom or my bestest friend. We dont get together anymore..whats the point, I know everything thats all ready going on in their life and they know everything about whats going on in mine, there isnt anything 'new' to share. I've considered deleting my FB page many times for that reason. Another hard one for me is the text message system with cell phones. While convienant yes, I have to admit I find myself sending a text message instead of just calling. I truely believe that the technology of today (FB, cell phones, twitter..etc etc) is ruining our younger generation.

To each their own and that’s why we have a diverse world, thank God. Respect for one another comes above all and the RIGHT TO....and RIGHT NOT to....

Aaleayha, I understand u r only trying to bring awareness, and for that I have great respect. Keep doing 'YOUR' thing.

CWE fellow members, we are here to support each other....I know I sure need it, many a day and many a night, I’d be lost without you ALL...each and every one of you I learn from...and I would hope I can share a little to that u can learn from...

Let’s stay arm in arm....where we belong...

Please read my post properly,i am not on facebook,and never will,so how can i defriend them???

Also do not say i do not care about anyone,just me,you certainly dont know me apart from a few lines of text. Im sorry for having an opinion.I have also said Facebook is not for me as have others. I'm perfectly happy on CWE,if you don't like people disagreeing with you then you need to get used to it,because that's life. Im not a confrontational person and if you feel your face book page will help spread the word,then you go for it,no hard feelings.

Sorry,but your comments rubbed me up the wrong way too,i also have no further wish for a round 3!!!
I'm not saying you did have a Facebook, I read it properly, I'm saying that it's an option if you were to ever join. And I'm sorry you only care about yourself.

I don't care if people disagree with me. I just bluntly tell them that I disagree. I'm not trying to change your opinion at all. And I said no offense, because i meant... NO OFFENSE. It wasn't meant as an added insult. It meant I don't mean to offend you. And then added why I was posting the comment.

Facebook is a double edged sword for me. I do have one, however the only 'friends' I have on Facebook are real life friends and family. It does allow us to share things more quickly. I could do the same thing with email but it does take a little bit longer. The downside...the really big downside is that it makes me and others a little anti-social. Another hard one for me is the text message system with cell phones. I truely believe that the technology of today (FB, cell phones, twitter..etc etc) is ruining our younger generation.

I actually have no friends. they all left me or back stabbed me. So i can't visit anyone, I can't get anywhere I'm stuck in the house. and I live with my only family. See them every day. So having Facebook and gadgets really brings me closer to other people. I've met someone online, she a ride! Funny and nice. And I've video chated with all of them. Besides being on the computer too much out of boredom, I have nothing bad about the place.

Ach,its totaly cool with me if you think i only care about myself,i know your wrong and im sure others do to.If you want to be blunt,i can play that game to,but to be perfectly honest im happy and mature enough to have no need too nor would i want too.
For me subject closed,everyone all the best.

Personally I don't care for Facebook it can start out kind but then other people will get in there and ruin it for everyone else. Also since I'm into ham radio and working with the I can't get on FB if I want to because I like to help our troops out so they can get ahold of their family for free.
Thanks and May God Bless You,
Sue

Personally I don't care for Facebook it can start out kind but then other people will get in there and ruin it for everyone else. Also since I'm into ham radio and working with the I can't get on FB if I want to because I like to help our troops out so they can get ahold of their family for free.
Thanks and May God Bless You,
Sue
What is your call sign

73, K9ASE

Back
Top Bottom