Favorite Pets.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dogs rule!
I am at a point where I cannot say I own a dog. My border collie rules this home, neighborhood, dominion and everybody here. She owns me!

I think I could get attached to a cat, though.

Border collie. Hands down. No question. (Now stop staring at me like that)

A Boiken Spaniel

My favorite dog was named red because his color was the same color as a kidney. Somebody who lived close to my grandparents farm just gave him to them because he wouldn't stay home. So during my jr. high yrs. thru graduation he kept me company. Because mom was a professor at Odessa College and she taught at nights. So red kept me company. And now I'm looking for another one.:ponder::e::clap:

David Hair

TT's that puppy is so sweet! The AWWWW factor x's 10

964f6cce.jpg

I had both cats and dogs growing up. I loved every one of them for their different personalities and things that made them special to me. Right now I have two cats that I raised since they were 4 weeks old. They fit better into our lives because DH is one that likes to go "for a short drive" and we end up 200 miles from home. With the cats I can be almost positve that as long as I keep their food and water full and litter box clean we can be gone for 4-5 days. Can't do that with a dog.

The one animal of mine that I will NEVER forget is my Rottweiler. He was the most gentle loving yet protective if needed pet I have ever had. We had to put him down because he had a degenerative disk in his spine and we couldn't carry him outside anymore. I wished for the 3 days up to his final appointment that he would just go to sleep and pass, but it didn't happen that way.

pets

DOGS!!! I re-homed a black Labrador when he was 2 1/2. He is now nearly 5,and he believes he is a lap-dog....He is my hunny and he will lay by me when i have a sz until i come round properly.He's so special,He has 3 names...his pedigree name which none of us can ever remember without the KC certificate in front of us, his proper name is Ozzy, but we all call him Mad Mutt cos he NEVER sits still unless i've had a sz.

Not my favorite pet - Triops. They are little aquatic creatures that supposedly have survived from prehistoric times and come in kits for kids to grow (kinda like sea monkeys, aka brine shrimp). They look for all the world like gross little bugs swimming around. My youngest son got a kit and started them a couple of weeks ago. Three of them hatched out, and now they are all dead, and he is sad.

Cats!

Cats don't need to be walked, don't need special grooming, clean, playful, comical, loving, devoted/loyal, trainable, (mine have been trained to stay in the house, even when the door is open). Mine will butt heads with me when I have an absence seizure, or wil just lie next to me when I've had a rough day. They are playful, yet know when to be quiet. All I have to do is make sure their litter is clean, have plenty of food, plenty of clean water daily, and regular visits to the vet. There is no fighting cuz they are neutered.

My one kitty plays fetch! And they also love to play hide and seek. They run behind the door and then to another spot and peek out. Very funny. They really are a comfort Shelley. I know what you mean. Very spoiled and such a part of the family. We all sure do love our pets!!

Michelle

Cats Cats & more Cats

There are nothing but cats in my family,a few dogs but Cats rule. Every member of my family has about 2-3 cats per household. Christmas morning back in 1965 when we woke up a brown tabby kitten was whining one in each of our stockings. Thats what set the family in motion to be cat lovers.
Cats in our family often have peoples names:
Bruce, Bruce II, Katie, Matthew, Linda, Lee, Janice, Johnny,Arthur, Adrienne, Christine, Ginger, Casey, Ebony, Herbie. Then the silly named ones which are few: Midnight, Stormy, Rain, Jazzy. Can't remember my brother in Connecticuts two cats names though. On many computer sites I have the nickname Housekat, or MountainLion. All through my house paintings and posters of Cougars, Lions, Leopards, Ocelots, Tigers, Jaguars, Servals, Cheetahs, Lynx, and and Bobcats. Leopard bed sets, and T shirts with different wild cats on them. Dogs just won't do. Whenever the Animal Kingdom is identified, Lions or Wildcats grace the page as they are symbolic of Wild Animals reining as the top. Even though I'm still single, and searching it would only be another Cat Lover that could find her way into my heart.

I have 3 fave 'kind of pets' I have my cat, which I recently rescued from an animal sheltor, he is so sweet, he walks with a permanent limp due to being ill treated, but he has a really affectionate personality.

I have a pond full of Koi (which I count as pets) they keep us busy, cleaning filters etc, they get a treat once a week which comes in the form of large prawns/shrimps I have trained them to take these from my hand, I find that watching them after a stressful day at work helps me to unwind.

Also my mum owns a horse who I spend a lot of time with, she pays the upkeep and does the hardwork, I get to enjoy the fun stuff like riding him. I have been around horses since I was 3 years old (pre-epilepsy - I was diagnosed at 10) and had a job working with them through my teens, I know that horses and E don't really mix, problem is I wouldn't know how to give them up after learning to ride when I was 3 and being around them for about 27 years. I have had my fair share of falling off, but as far as I am aware it was never due to seizures.

over my thirty something yrs i have had all kinds, as a kid a had, cats, dogs, lizards, a tarantula, bunnies, but my favorite at that time was my pet rat that i had for nearly five yrs... When i became an adult i had cats because they were easy inside animals with little upkeep, but then i fiund my favorite and it is to this day. i got a ferret and fell in love. they are indepedant like a cat, but when they give you attention they give you attention, and they have to be the single funniest thing i have seen in my life...

fish , because they dont bother you and easy to feed and then you can eat them when they die.

I've had numerous pets during my lifetime and am a total animal lover. I love dogs and cats equally. But my alltime favorite pet was my gray squirrel. Her name was Baby Dumplin', because one of the treats she liked the best when she was a baby was apples. I had her for 9 years and she was so sweet. She passed away 4 years ago and I still miss her.

I would have to say

CATS..........seeing as how I have had 30 at one point in time.

But right now, I have NO PETS.........

My favorite kind of pet is a cat.But unfortunately I'm unable to have animals.
I'm allergic to anything that sheds including birds except for man.:pop::e:
Hairless dogs are just ugly so I think I'll get a gold fish.

:pfft::e::banana:
Belinda

Back
Top Bottom