Feeling good after a sz...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

TeeTees

New
Reaction score
Okay, another odd question by yours truly <ahem>

Has anybody ever felt better after having a seizure ?

The reason I'm asking this WEIRD one is cuz I've been having a pretty junk time at the moment with these seizures, but last night I had another in my sleep (which I was aware off).....

...when I woke up this morning, I actually felt kinda good, about it ?....maybe even relieved ?

I'm just wondering if anybody else has had the same ?....or am I simply ODD ? :rock:

I have always considered ODD as being a good thing....

Maybe not better but....

I can't say I've ever felt better physically after a sz. but I've had ones that felt very intense & expected a huge post-ictal effect afterwards & got little or none. When that does happen I feel very happy (hence emotionally better) but physically I just feel the same.

Stacy recovered really quickly from her latest TC. When she went to her neurofeedback appointment yesterday, she had a roughly 20% improvement in her performance from the last two previous sessions. Very strange.

I'm sorry I had to ask ...

I don't know. I had to ask my son and he
says it all depends .. and whenever he says
that it usually isn't a good sign. So I had to
MAKE HIM TALK!

So he goes, you sleep a lot. I know that part
but what's this "all depends... part I want to
know about"?

And go figure - he leaves the house! So I had
to go out there and call for him back and he
tells me that sometimes I can be the most
ornery, annoyed, irritable, and aggravated
person that no one can stand being around
you when you're in post-seizure stage. That's
why we tell you to go to sleep or give you
meds to put you to sleep.

:(

sometimes I can be the most
you when you're in post-seizure stage.

brain - don't fret.....you definitely are NOT alone on that one either. I am like a bear with a sore head most times, it's just the odd ONCE in a blue moon that I can wake up from a night-time seizure to find I feel quite...well....relieved off all the tension which was released through the seizure.

It's like the mood swing thing :

1. I have a seizure, and when I get up the next morning - DO NOT talk to me !!

2. I have a seizure, and when I get up DON'T BOTHER ASKING ME QUESTIONS, as my brain just isn't 'up' to figuring things out !!

3. I have a seizure, and when I get up I'm the nicest, quitest, easy going person you'll know, as I just need to avoid any tensions/stresses !!

4. I have the odd seizure, and when I get up I feel 'relieved' and 'pleased' that I had that seizure, as it's probably kicked me out of the mood-swing #1, or #2

I hope that explains the ODDness in me a little better

Numerous times I've felt fine after a seizure but people have asked me why I'm in such a bad mood. Other times I just feel really bad.

'sometimes I can be the most
you when you're in post-seizure stage."

my dad was like that lastnight..... he seemed distant too .... no im not spreading the flu love;) mom and dad have it too....

I have to say Ive never felt good after having a seizure...

Sometimes I act drunk after a seizure. I have horrible coordination, my words are slurred and I don't even blink correctly.

But usually if I have a TC, during the aura I feel wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom