Fell off her bike...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Last fall Grandpa bought Kater a new 24 inch bike. At the time it was too big, but now it fits her alot better. She can touch the ground with just the tips of her toes. I make her wear a helmet, just like i make her brother when he is on his bike or scooter.

Anyway, I was in the house cleaning yesterday she and her brother were going to ride bike the the front where I could see and hear them. As she went out the back gate and was about to ride off she crashed. I thought it was just a scratch and would be fine. As soon as I touched it she screamed. Took her to urgent care where I think I was asked 5 times what happened. I don't know wasn't there. Asked her if she just fell or what since the day before she fell asleep for about 2 hours after telling me "her head felt funny".

3 hours, 8 X-rays and some frustration later we were sent home with a sling. (the only person who could read the X-rays was in Hawaii...wtf?) They called today and said that she probably does have a fracture in the growth plate of her elbow, but it's not visable on the X-ray. Have to wait 7 days and if it's still sore then take her back.

Last edited:
Ouch!....sorry PurpleAngel!...

I hope she feels better soon!

Warm wishes
Spencer

I hope she feels better soon!

It happens to kids without E too.
Rebecca had to have a cast on twice due to falling on her wrist while skating. Also in the growth plate, but they cast it so she wouldn't have difficulty later in life.

Give her a hug and tell her we are all hoping she feels better.

I will do that!! I knew it was going to happen to one of the kids, sooner or later.

The only reason I suspected that she may of had a seizure was that all day Saturday ans again Sunday morning she was telling me her head felt funny. :ponder:
Gave her her normal meds and all that good stuff. And then when I asked her more a bit more detail about how she fell, all she says is she got on her bike and then she remembers crying for someone to help her since the bike fell on top of her.

OMG! I'm sorry this too just happend to me tonight....

my 13 year old broke his collar bone at school playing foot ball took him to the ER two weeks ago....

Listen to this Saturday my 12 year old went off a jump came home and said his arm was hurting... he could move it though so i gave him an ice pack and let him use his brothers sling today we took him to the ER and went through the same thing you just went through.... Levi has a small fracture in his collar bone which now could break if he falls or anything ...... I felt SO BAD :( he was being seen by a PA which had me in tears "jerk" anyways A MD that knows me came in and took over she reprimanded the pa for his nasty attitude! " this guy was so rude he made me feel so bad! for not bringing Levi in sooner the thing is he really didnt act like he was in a lot of pain and was moving his arm and nothing seemed really wrong with it i though maybe he just sprianed it or something... I would have yelled at the PA but i was in shok over his rudness.. anyways, I feel for you! It looks really bad when you bring two children with broken bones in the same week .... I just didnt know what to say... this guy must have been 28years old he was really trying hard to be a good PA but he sucked really bad hes lucky i didnt slap him.....

((((((((((((hugs to Kater))))))))))
Love
angel

Last edited:
It happens to everyone. I don't think I've
ever met anyone who HAS NOT fallen off
their bicycles before!

If I took a POLL on this ... I would KNOW
those who said "NO" had to be LYING, unless
they're still on training wheels!

:roflmao:

(((((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))))))))))

I surely hope she feels better and recovers
well! We've all had our nasty spills from bikes,
whether over the handle bars, under the handle
bars, side ways, slide-ways, into the wall,
into the bushes, garbage cans, vehicles, or
what-not. She's officially a Cyclist!

The only difference between back then in my
days and today is - they make you wear helmets!
It's a smart thing! I wear mine all the time and I
even wear cycling gloves for better grip and control.
I know bicycles exceptionally well, and have taught
my son - and we're experts here! And we've had
our share of bang-ups!

She'll be fine and up and around before you know
it, and while true, she will be sore for a few days,
but she be back on that bike before you can blink
your eyes!

;)

Back
Top Bottom