Finally!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Misdiagnosis

I know of a lady here in MN that wasn't diagnosed intil she was 28-29yo. She had been having auras and small seizures her entire life, but her parents disn't have her examined, and when they did, they only took her to see a GP. After she had moved from home she finally went to see a neurologist. He diagnosed her right away and did the tests for surgery. In a few months she had surgery and has been seizure-free since. If her parents had dealt with her condition properly she may have been seizure-free long before she finally got there!

ACsHuman

I've had surgery and on like 24th med and now I'm all of a sudden starting to get dizzy from all my med. I have had a VNS and had two batteries replaced it didn't help me; so my sz's just keep coming and coming.

I know of a lady here in MN that wasn't diagnosed intil she was 28-29yo. She had been having auras and small seizures her entire life, but her parents disn't have her examined, and when they did, they only took her to see a GP. After she had moved from home she finally went to see a neurologist. He diagnosed her right away and did the tests for surgery. In a few months she had surgery and has been seizure-free since. If her parents had dealt with her condition properly she may have been seizure-free long before she finally got there!

ACsHuman

I have never understood parents like this do she feel resentment bc I would

Back
Top Bottom