[News] Five in one vaccine carries small risk of seizure activity

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

suebear

Veteran
Reaction score
New findings are being released on vaccine shot stating that it can cause seizures. I don't buy what they are stating and I'm only saying this to all parents that need to get this shot for their children..

Be very stern with your pediatrician and ask a lot of questions before doing it. Make sure that everything is going to be just fine before going through with the process. If you don't feel comfortable with what he or she says, go to someone else for a second opinion. You have the right to ask questions until you are happy.

I'm stressing on this issue because I had the DTP shot which was a 3 shot deal then got high fever from it because I got a bad reaction. You'd think they would of learned by now from past reaction but apparently they haven't.

Here is the link...
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=five-in-one-vaccine-carries-small-risk-seizure

It's important to note that these are febrile (fever) seizures, not the kind associated with epilepsy:
"Although we find a slightly increased risk of febrile seizure on the first day of vaccination, the overall risk of febrile seizures is low and for children who do get them there are no lasting effects."

This is not something to toy around with and people need to be strong with their doctor. I went through the same issue in 68. I'm telling you now, this can happen again, ALL OVER AGAIN with another issue that the FDA still is having problems with and these kinds of seizures may not go away. Keep in mind if the fever gets high enough it can cause a problem, i.e. scar. They don't tell you that do they? Of course not. Noooooooo, the feds don't want anyone to be concerned. This isn't something to play around with. I'm telling you if I had the chance to I'd be suing the hell out of them for the nightmare they put me through years ago but the time is far beyond what took place.

I'm just sending out a warning to parents to be careful with this issue. One of the reasons we have journalists who do things like this for the media is to warn parents what to watch out for when dealing with it comes time to get the vaccine. I take the warnings to heart and watch everything because of what happen to me, I'm living proof that it can happen and there are thousands of others in this world who have had the same problem from the DTP shot in 68.

I am only a messenger reporting the news as I receive it. It is clearly up to you and anyone else who reads this information to make the choice how you want to take care of your child. That is why I state, talk to the medical doctor who is in charge of this factor as they have the most up to date documentation and can provide more information as it is released and discovered.

Back
Top Bottom