Flying solo...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to be flying to to Texas from Michigan two weeks from today and I'll be alone. My dad was diagnosed with skin cancer in a not good place about six months ago and I haven't been able to see him since then, it's been pretty rough since he's all the way across the country. I booked my trip two months ago but last week his doctors told him that he's been too sick because of the chemo and radiation and that he can't be on them anymore, the outlook isn't good currently.
I am very close to my dad, I was born on his birthday, we have a lot in common, anyway...
I'm going to be flying alone for the first time, I'm a little scared because my seizures have been pretty erratic lately, the stress of things going on doesn't seem to be helping. I have to buy a medic alert bracelet, need to hurry up and do that.
Anyway guys, just kind of wanted to get that off my chest and maybe hear some encouragement from anyone else who has flown solo when their seizures weren't exactly under control.

I've had CP and TC seizures for years. I also have the VNS, which now controls the TC's, but I still have a few CP's. I used to be married to a pilot, so used to travel all over the U.S. and several times overseas. Most of the times, I would be with my two children and meet my husband or family at the other end. Only one time did I have a CP in the restroom at the airport. I wear my Medic Alert bracelet.

A month ago, I flew to SFO from DEN by myself and everything was fine. Just give yourself plenty of time and get plenty of rest before your trip.

wear your bracelet, do what works for you to stay relaxed and try not to worry

the friend that is the reason I'm here has never really been seizure-controlled, but he flies across country and across the border.

another friend who is well controlled flies around the world routinely.

Back
Top Bottom