forgetting medicine

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I take my meds in the morning & at night so easiest way for me to remember is to have them with my meals (breakfast & tea). I also have an alarm right next to my computer which is set of to go of at 6pm every night just in case I did forget to take my night meds.

I have a 7 day AM/PM pill box which sits on my kitchen counter so I don't forget to take them. When I go to my parents place I put my pill box on the dining room table.

I have a seven day dispenser for am and pm - noon and tea time I take from the bottles.
Trouble is if I think it's Monday I take that day's am med but by bed time I know it's Tuesday so I take meds from there. Later on in the week, messing up all the days, I'm in a right mess - sometimes taking 2x evening meds. I lose count of taking my noon and tea time meds so often take more than I should. I guess I should do a tick list but meds time I'm usually tired and not focused.

:)

Have you tried going to Boots and asking them to do a nomad tray? They'll pick up your prescription every time its due and then make it up in these trays, split up into your dosages for morning, noon, evening and night.

I've just asked for my meds to be ready made in a nomad tray because i've been having much the same problems.

Have you tried going to Boots and asking them to do a nomad tray? They'll pick up your prescription every time its due and then make it up in these trays, split up into your dosages for morning, noon, evening and night.

I've just asked for my meds to be ready made in a nomad tray because i've been having much the same problems.
Lou.
Is a nomad tray done at the chemist?
Over here you can ask the chemist to make your medications up in a webster pak. I've never used a Webster Pak myself but I think the chemist will do the medications in weekly packs.

Webster-pak is a safe and simple medication pack. It sets out all the tablets and capsules that need to be taken at each particular time of the day, for each day of the week. This makes it easy to manage medication.

The pharmacist takes the doctor’s prescriptions and dispenses the medication into a blister pack. This pack is securely sealed so the medication is protected and there is no chance of spilling or mixing things up.

When it is time to take the medication, the person or carer simply pushes out the contents of the blister through the foil backing for the correct time on the correct day. Webster-pak provides a visual cue, so you always know where you are up to.
http://www.webstercare.com.au/products/multi-dose-webster-pak.asp?section=ca

websterpak.jpg

consistency
consistency
consistency

just stick with it, eventually he will learn it, and get used to it, to even if he has no memory it is part of his learned routine, the pills need to be in the same place, and he needs to them every time every day. consistency.

Lou.
Is a nomad tray done at the chemist?
Over here you can ask the chemist to make your medications up in a webster pak.

Yup, it's just like that! We had them for clients at work so it's easier to keep track of medications given but when i explained to them the problems i'd been having with taking my medication they said i could have one too. They're going to give me four packs at a time to last four weeks. The chemist will pick up my prescription from the docs every four weeks and split them into the nomad trays then i just pick them up from the chemist.

I am a four times a day person.. I'm not working so my life is based around my next meds and how they will work on me. I take quite a few pills so Sunday afternoon I fill my weekly dispenser. I have no 'set' times.. I may wake late so morning pills become afternoon pills and so on - then I have to cram in the day's meds in fewer hours. I do forget.. usually it's the noon and afternoon meds that get forgotten, especially if I'm out and about. I cannot go by meal times as I usually only eat in the evenings - bad habit, I know. :)

Back
Top Bottom