Getting back into the swing of things.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pingu

Stalwart
Reaction score
Welp,

I did it, for the first time in 4 years, I made it 1 year seizure free. My Eptologist agreed that if I got this far, he would sign me off to return to frontline firefighting duties again.

The other day, I checked my turnout gear bag only to find that most of my equipment has gone mouldy...well, that has thrown a spanner in the works. Luckily I have been able to order spare equipment for my return but unfortunately that error of mine cost me $300 to replace the stuff my fire service won't because of my above stock standard helmet and goggles to name a few items along with my respirator which I have been told a hot vinegar bath will fix it so that's a lucky save. At least the boots, gloves and flash hood can be replaced at no charge (just as well, fire boots are expensive).

Interestingly, my fire jacket didn't go mouldy even though the contents did. Makes me wonder what is in the fireproofing agent my jacket has.

Being on restricted duties meant that I didn't need my wildfire turnout gear with me, only my base uniform when I was conducting tanker checks or doing station work so I only aired it every so often.

Congrats! That's awesome. :)

Good luck with going back to work. I hope you don't actually have to use your equipment.

Hi Pingu,

That's Wonderful! I'm so happy for you and I wish you the best as you go back to
work. I will tell you one thing apple cider vinegar with mother in it has reduced my
seizures a lot since I started using it this past Feb.
I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom