GFSFCFCF bread recipe needed!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AnnaM

New
Reaction score
Anyone have one that is not grainy/seedy? My son is picky about bread. Thanks!!

Looks great!

Could you help me out tho? What is xanthan gum and where do I look for it in the food store? I am new to baking from scratch....

Not sure I've seen sorghum flour...Did not notice with Bob's red mill's other products...Will have to google that one. Also, creme of tartar? Baking isle as well?

I've got lots of learning to do, lol..Thanks for your help :)

Anna

Xanthan gum is a food stabilizer/thickener. Bob's Red Mill makes it. It should be with other baking stuff, but it might be in the nutritional supplement area for some reason. If you're having a hard time finding it at your regular supermarket you may need to try a health food store or order online.

Sorghum flour should also be with the baking stuff, but if not you can order it online.

Cream of tartar is usually in the spices section.

Glad I saw this! Going to make bread later today...was to tired last night.

Q I can't find sorghum flour anywhere!??! Do you all buy online? What's a good substitute? Is the flour sweeter (not sure if I'm decribing correctly) like tapioca flour? (was told tapioca was sweet?)

Still new to all of this....Any help is appreciated :)

Anna

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom