Glad he saw it

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I started dating my now boyfriend a few months ago. We'd had some basic talks about my epilepsy and seizures - What could cause them, what to do when I have one and that sorts.

About a few weeks ago he saw me have one. We were with my parents so they were able to explain what was going on during it.

After that the talks about epilepsy got a little more serious. Since he saw the seizure then he actually knew what they were like he asked me a lot of questions. He wanted to know more detailed about things and what to do. Even now if something would come up in a conversation he might ask a question if it would have any effect on me.

Sometimes people you are dating run off once they see that first seizure. He's still around!

Thumbs up for you. Sometimes I wish others important in my life could see my seizures, but when the seizures start I subconsciously almost always slip away by myself. Every time I don’t get away, they don’t even know I had one. Well unless they are the gran mals. Anyway, it sounds like you have a good guy. Thumbs up!

The poor guy has to deal with my wonderful memory loss, and he's doing pretty good with it.

He might give me a little look with a smile on his face and say "You've told me this already". If I see that look I say "I've already told you this haven't I?" before he get's a chance. He's even had to do it a few times because I've told him something more than twice. He gives me a little funny laugh too.

And not the person saying - "Come on are you really going to tell me this again!!!!" While the person shakes their head with that evil leer that I'm sure everyone knows.

I had to laugh. I try to be patient with Stacy, but after ~30 years together, there are some conversations I've already heard over a thousand times.

We were talking the other night about the seizure. He said that I'd grabbed hold of his arm and there was no letting go until the seizure was over. He was surprised that I didn't leave black and blue finger marks! Got a good laugh about that.

He's always asking me questions about my epilepsy and my seizures, wanting to know and understand more. This feels great!

He's still having a wonderful time dealing with my memory loss. He's even laughing, in a good way, about it too now!

Back
Top Bottom