Good news

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Clovis

Stalwart
Reaction score
I went to see the surgeon that did my back surgery a couple of weeks ago and got some really good news.

He said my back is all healed up and I'm good to go. I still have to be careful lifting too much and twisting certain ways, but I am as healed as I am going to get.

I do have quite a bit of bone loss due to a family history of osteoporosis and the meds I've had to take tho. I just hope this never happens again with a seizure or anything else.

Excellent! Go easy on the acrobatics though. :)

I will. My dear hubby is still taking the heavy baskets of laundry out for me and I am only carrying in one or two smaller pieces of wood at a time when I help with bringing it in.

We heat with wood and cook on the wood stove most of the time in the winter. We're both working on a big pan of spaghetti sauce right now.

Hi Clovis,
That's great news! Just like you I have a bad back (2 herniated discs) and my brother fractured his back and they can't do surgery because it's to risky. I have found if I bend over just right that can bother my back just like if I sit to long. Walking and water therapy really helped me a lot.
If you are interested they have the cbd for back pain along with the seizures and I will say it helps me a lot.
I wish you and your husband only the best and May God Bless the Both of You!

Sue

That's great!!!!

A few years ago I had very bad back problems that It hurt so much to almost do anything and even went to the ER in an ambulance a few times. I went to all sorts of drs, had so many tests done, therapy, meds, etc.... But no dr said there was anything wrong.

A new dr came to town and I though it wouldn't hurt to see him. He just did an x-ray in his office and found I had 2 severely herniated discs. He couldn't believe that no other dr saw them because they were so bad, almost bone on bone, it would have taken a long time to get that bad. It wasn't something that would happen overnight. He told me that I could have screws put in but also warned me what might happen if I had a seizure during the surgery. I think all the other dr's didn't want to do anything for me because they were afraid of what might happen due to the epilepsy.

I had the surgery and I haven't had any problems since. Hope the same happens with you!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes. What bothers me more than my back most of the time now is the back end of my incision area. I was cut from just above my waist to just an inch or so from my spine. Then muscles around that area are still really sensitive sometimes even after 3 plus months since my surgery. Right now I have an area about the size of my hand that is so sensitivemy shirt rubbing against it hurts and leaning ack against the couch is just painful.

Have no idea what s keeping that area so sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom