Grand Theft Auto

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
:taz:My son's car was stolen right in front of our house tonight while he was in the shower getting ready for work! It's parked right under his window, and no broken glass, no one heard it start up!

UNREAL!

I just told Old Man today that things are TOO quiet, something was gonna happen. Damn I hate being riight all the time! :paperbag:

We spent 3 hours driving around the neighborhood looking for it. The tranny is bad and won't get far. No luck. I'm having a drink and then, I'm goning to BED!
martini.gif

:(

Did he have insurance for this?

That stinks. Did he owe money on the car? If so the repo-man might have taken it. All they need to do is hook it up and drive away.

Thou shalt not steal...

...but someone else might.

Someone broke our driver-side window over the holidays right after Renee went to the car and right before we left my sister's house...I think we scared them off. I still had to pay a deductible and lose time getting the damn thing fixed...not to mention riding home that night was fun (34 degrees at midnight and 15 mile drive!).

Mean people suck.

Give me a pull on that whisky Birdy.
:rock:

The car was paid for, but no theft insurance, as it was 10 years old. I suspect my hillbilly neighbor had something to do with this. That harpie has been sticking nails in my tires for the past 2 years but now the new car has an alarm, she backed off.

We are installing cameras. I am declaring war! :fight:

(passes the bottle to speber :beer:)

Do they make live traps in adult-size?.....

...some people are stoopid enough to go in I betcha.
:ponder:

This could work!...maybe some marketing could pay for fixing my broke-back piano!....

...*sigh*......I just remembered my piano's got problems...........now I need another bottle.
:flushed:

I'm guessing you already have, but don't forget to report the car stolen with the police.

Been there done that. Mr. B Now he has to call impound on a daily basis to see if it's been found.

(sigh) It's ALWAYS something. So tired of this.
:giveup:

How horrible!

It's all too easy these days:
And it's so sad!

((((((( Birdy ))))))))))
So sorry to hear all of this!

:( :( :( :(

Well there IS a way to steal a car
without anyone HEARING it is a
MASTER KEY or PICKET the LOCK
or even a SLIM JIM!

All you need to do is: get in, if
using Master Key or Picket Key,
then use likewise and put car
in Neutral and roll it off the drive
way and no one would hear you
unless the car will roll backwards
by itself, and if it's an older car,
one can easily disable the alarm
and hotwire it, and drive off.

That's why so many people down
here have Lo-Jacks, Security, or
even some type of disabling devices
(for older cars). GTA is still plentiful
and problematic down here.

Do I have to remind you of June 28th
of last year? GTA - Cop/Felon pursuit,
which ended my driving days.

It's a problem!

Some cars/makes/models are easier
to steal than others. I had a bookmark
but I think it's Customer Report that
has the info on the vehicles easiest to
steal; and I believe AAA (Triple A) has
that info as well as CAA (Canada).

It's a SHAME! And most of the time,
it's children, teens, and very young
adults. It's rare for an older person
for GTA's. I think the FBI website has
stats on that too.

Wow! That bites.

Do you suppose your neighbor knows that felon? Around here, if anybody calls police, they come right to the front door. SO, anybody doing something bad can see exactly who reported their questionable behavior.

I used to have a roadside assistance service. One guy working there said a nice piece of cardboard does a fine trick at unlocking a door.

It sounds like you need that redneck car alarm with the 3 large dogs standing on the roof of the car. You might want to make sure everything in your house is intact. We took photos and a video of our house for insurance purposes.

Last edited:
I went down and spoke with managment and told her what I suspected happened. She agreed to help prosecute if filmed evidence is presented. Heading to Home Depot for more equipment.

Neighbors from HELL!

9a4610e9.jpg

Holy Crap! They found the car!

We went down to inpound to pick it up. No windows were broken or other visible damage, nothing was stripped, still had the radio and his personal belongings, clothes, CD's, books, including an autographed book of "The Last Unicorn"!!!!

The only things missing was auto tools, fluids for the car and a new oil filter, but they left the jumpercables! And his OTC meds.

This is just too weird. The battery was dead so we'll go back tomorrow and either jump it or tow it.

We need eclipses more often!

Sounds like a, uhmmm?.....joyride?.....

...in a minivan?

...your neighbors are 'lunar'-ticks.
:agree:

Oh Birdbomb, sorry to hear that. I hope you gave a police complaint right away. My husband's Audi was stolen overnight right from our drive way. It feels awful to think of it. The cop said the thieves usually have duplicate keys for all standard cars, so they can just open it & steal / tow or whatever but he was surprised to death to know that EVEN audi was stolen that way, as it has some hifi protecting factors. :(
So... our car was finally found in an apartment cplx (10 min drive from my house), the police said that is what typically they do... OFCOURSE all the music system etc were broken, stolen, alcohol broken bottles, people had thrown up....
I was in tears when I head it all from my husband. Some people are too cruel! Just hang in there, I hope you find your car soon in a safe condition.
Best,
Amy

Any fingerprints? clues? anything?

But what a relief it is that the car
has been found!

Got that tick part right Speber! LOL :roflmao:

e77b6f67.jpg

The van was missing 3 weeks! and found intact! My son is one lucky SOB!

Back
Top Bottom