Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Sometimes, I get into a funk so bad that it’s like a black hole. Until I remember the safety ladder that I always carry in my pocket.

I think of at least five things I’m grateful for. Or if I’m down there awhile, I stretch it to ten.

Here are the top five on my gratitude list:

1. My life. After going to 12 schools in 12 years and a war zone home, I have a home of my own where I’ve lived for more than 20 years, peacefully and secure.

2. My husband. He’s the one who makes me feel secured, loved, important. He respects me and to him, I am valuable.

3. My cat. I never knew I’d end up having to save her life but the rewards have been immense. Lots of laughs, comfort and cuddles.

4. My friends. They are my sanity check whom I can run to with my troubles and triumphs. They applaud me some times and at other, tell me I’m out of my mind.

5. My job. I live to write. Always have. It’s my reason for getting up in the morning. And what could be better than writing for people with epilepsy? It’s a win-win!

I only hope others are as fortunate as me…

When I am focused... I have a gratitude journal, where I attempt to write 5 a day.
It is helpful to think of the little things from time to time.

Hi Phylis - I agree with all you and RobinN have said. Although I'm not really good about sitting down and writing it, I try to make a mental note of it. It's the little things for me. My dog. My cats. My husband. Even a great cup of coffee or tea. Cheers, D

Today's list would be:
1. strong paper bags
2. homemade gluten free banana nut muffins
3. spray bottles that work
4. fresh squeezed orange juice
5. digital cameras

My gratitude list today would be:

1. My family
2. My alarm clock
3. My shower
4. My local donut/coffee shop (Homemade! Opens at 5:30am!)
5. TGIF

It's early, but my list today would be:

1. My Hubby for being such a great guy
2. My cat for not leaving a hair ball on my bed!
3. My dog, for running into our room to give me a big wet kiss when she woke up.
4. My co-worker for making me laugh
5. My choice to wear a light sweater so I don't spend another day freezing to death in the air conditioning at work!

Today's gratitude list...

1. Beautiful weather
2. A hot date with my husband tonight
3. "Huggies" with my cat
4. A long, lovely, beautiful walk
5. An extra hour of sleep!

RobinN, I LOVE the idea of a Gratitude Journal...

My list for the day:

My best friends (both)
My lawyer
My writing
CWE for sanity
The EEG comes off in a few hours!!! :bigsmile:

My list for today? Ummm.... struggling a little, but here goes

1. Payday!
2. Not at work for a change
3. Dragged myself out of house to meet with a friend
4. Mmmmm diet pepsi
5. Budgies being quiet for once!

Not a great list, but hey, it's there :p

Today's gratitude list...

1. The kindness and caring of friends…
2. Sharing together time with those I like most...
3. Laughter...
4. Freedom...
5. Linda's pineapple upside down cake!

Back
Top Bottom