Gratitude is the Attitude!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
With Thanksgiving here, it's a good time to think of things we are grateful for. People who make our every day richer. Our lives. Everything we hold near and dear.

Here are at least five things I’m grateful for.

1. My life. After going to 12 schools in 12 years and a war zone home, I have a home of my own where I’ve lived for more than 20 years, peacefully and secure.

2. My husband. He’s the one who makes me feel secured, loved, important. He respects me and to him, I am valuable.

3. My cat. I never knew I’d end up having to save her life but the rewards have been immense. Lots of laughs, comfort and cuddles.

4. My friends. They are my sanity check whom I can run to with my troubles and triumphs. They applaud me some times and at other, tell me I’m out of my mind.

5. My job. I live to write. Always have. It’s my reason for getting up in the morning. And what could be better than writing to help people with epilepsy. It’s a win-win!

I only hope others are as fortunate as me…

Phylis Feiner Johnson

Not to perpetuate an old cliche, but I am thankful for my family. Husband, kids, mom and dad, MIL and FIL, brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews. To them, I am eternally thankful and grateful for their love and support in every aspect of my life--not just epilepsy. I am truly blessed with an amazing family, and have been around long enough to know just how lucky I am.

I am thankful for so much, thankful for everyone and everything in my life - family number one...

but one thing I am very thankful for - is having learnt to just BE (me)

Be Yourself. Life is precious as it is.
All the elements for your happiness
Are already here. There is no need to run,
strive, search, or struggle. Just Be.
~ Thich Nhat Hanh

I have so many good & positive things to be grateful for in my life.

This year I found CWE; you have all helped me to better understand me and especially my epilepsy.

My sincere thanks to all of you and hopes that you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Back
Top Bottom