Had a bad seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

resaebiunne

Stalwart
Reaction score
On Saturday night. Apparently it lasted 20 minutes or so and the only reason anyone called 911 was because I told them to during the seizure after I regained the ability to talk slightly :dontknow:

I'm pretty sure there seizure was bright on by a CBD pen, but there were other factors. Poor sleep, hadn't eaten all day, the CBD pen made me sleep for 6 hours, get lightheaded and nauseous... It could also be the fycompa that I'm tapering on to.

My mom's boyfriend was a real jerk, he didn't even realize I was having a seizure. Ugh. We need to have a sit down (NOT in front of the TV) and have a family discussion.
:soap:

Last edited:
Hi Res,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bad seizure, I had long status seizures when I was on Neurontin but once I got off of that they stopped. I use CBD each day and it has reduced my seizures a lot but everyone is different.
Try to get some rest and I'm sure you have been under a lot of stress having to move again. Try the cold water therapy put a cold washcloth on your face and the back of your neck 3 times a day or any time you feel a seizure starting the cold water calms the neurons down and it has reduced my seizures and stopped many of them.
You take it easy on yourself and I wish you only the best. May God Bless You,

Sue

I hope you are feeling better. Make sure you are hydrating! This heat adds extra stress...

Hi guys, I just read something that said honey was bad for people with e. Well sure enough I had chicken nuggets with honey for dinner that night :giveup:

Honey also has anticonvulsant properties, so don't rule out some other factor.

Hi. Glad you're feeling better after that long seizure. I generally don't want people to call 911 unless it's absolutely necessary. Every time I've been taken to the ER, they just pump more meds into me, keep me in the hospital for a few hours, & discharge me with a hefty bill.

Hi Res,

It's good to hear from you and know that you are feeling better. I never knew that honey could trigger seizures but I learned yrs. ago after drinking diet soda that nutra sweet can trigger seizures like crazy for some people. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom