Have you ever fainted?

Have you ever fainted (unrelated to seizures)?

• Yes

Votes: 58 63.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Almost

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
:e:

Hi

Once for sure - maybe twice. I know I fainted for sure many years ago - think I was in my pre-teens/early teens. It was in Church - believe around Easter time - scared many people - unfortunately many people saw it since I was a member of the Church's Junior Choir. Remember having trouble finding a hymn in one the hymn books we were using and feeling a bit weak then I fainted. Don't actually remember the actual faint at all though - lol - hard to when you go unconscious (spelling?). Don't why I fainted - I just did - my mom think it was my age! Is that possible? The maybe time is after I felt very weak once when having a very hot shower - I loved and still love hot water - however don't like it near as much as hot as I once did. Don't remember if I actually was still in the shower or coming out of the shower. I was in my twenties that time. Can't remember if I went unconscious - although I can't remember - don't think I did - did feel very weak though. Could that be possible?

Ever since then nothing - since have baths/shower too hot still - however that is becoming less and less. As I am becoming to like them much less - now its more very warm showers/baths.

And yes, I know that people with epilepsy shouldn't have baths. But, can't really stop myself as I do love so much. I know of the dangers of a person having epilepsy having a bath are too. Stupid really I know - I just live in the knowledge that never ever had a seizure while have a bath/shower or while I've been swimming - so might not never happen to me. Plus my epilepsy is in good control - still have the occassional seizure. I do love showers as well. Well do love water really - must because I'm a Pisces - the fishes - lol!!! The good news is having baths less; showers more! Still admit having a bath when I'm cold and need to warm up!

Sorry for this beng so long and that I went way off the topic too - hoping you all accept my apologies for these miscomings!

Miss Chocy

Susan

:e:

Chris515

New
Supporter
Reaction score
I have almost feinted many times, after giving blood. I've got a phobia of blood and needles..

Reaction score
Once, I was in Virginia for a Fife and Drum Muster (this is the group I was in: http://www.mountainfifesanddrums.org/mambofolder/) and we had just gotten our new uniforms--the red ones you see there--and they are made of wool. Well, I had just flown in the evening before so I was suffering from jetlag. In order to get to the performance, we had to wake up at 5:30 AM Eastern Time (that's 2:30 for my poor brain, folks!) and I only had the chance to have a piece of pie and a single water bottle until 12:45. It was 85 degrees and 90% humidity and we were wearing wool long-sleeved coats.

The EMT told me my blood sugar level was 60. And then, they had the gall to say "Oh, we figured one of your group would go [meaning pass out] first." SO WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING? *eyeroll*

It was a great way to start that 10-day-long trip.

Last edited:

Electra

New
Reaction score
I had a really bad pain in the stomach one time and started feeling nauseous and weak, then I fainted. It was an odd feeling knowing I was fading out and couldn't control it and then I came back...

Reaction score
Yes I fainted in my bedroom. I thought it was a mild tonic clonic. I called my dr. and they told me I fainted. It's a side affect of Vimpat. Only one time though so far.Tell your Doctor. Good luck. Teresa

Reaction score
When I was twelve I fainted... The doctor said I was dehydrated... And then I've come close several times. After exercise I have had to sit because I thought I was going to faint, once after giving blood I came really close, and then after getting the Anthrax vaccine a couple of months ago.

Abynorml

New
Reaction score
once when I was sick, I took some nyquil stayed up watching a movie with a girl, the movie ended, and I got up to quick, next thing I know my head was resting in my girlfriends lap, and she was trying to get me to wake up, I remember it was very hard to wake up, I woke up and passed for another few seconds, then finally came too. I nearly broke some furniture falling, the girlfriend said she saw me get up and saw me fall like a ragdoll. I never even felt light headed, or dizzy, it was like someone flipped the off switch.

Reaction score
I guess it was my vimpat that made me faint. I was just standing over the bed. And passed out.Called the doc he said I fainted. I got to get off this stuff.

Reaction score
Yes. Once I fainted because I hadn't eaten. I was in the kitchen at mom's digging a bagel out of the freezer and BAM I stumbled back and hit the door to the garage. Mom fussed at me.

And one other time, while I was giving blood. That was fun... not.

jemsister

New
Reaction score
I "almost" faint all the time due to low blood pressure. But I have never actually fainted before.

alice123

New
Reaction score
Yes, I was at work experience at a vets watching operations and I went to the loo and fainted and only a few people know I don't like blood!

I nearly fainted when I had a plaster cast off because my skin looked pretty disgusting!

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
There are two occasions when I fainted or passed out.

The first wasn't "caused" by a seizure, but may have started my seizures.

When I was around 5/6 yrs I was hit in the head when a metal door fell on me. It was one of those shed bar doors. My eye was cut badly, but I survived. A few years later I fainted in a department store. I was very hot and overheated. Soon after that I started having seizures. which I still have today. :(

The second time I fainted or passed out was caused by a medication reaction.

This was a few years back before I had my gallbladder out. I was in severe pain and
was brought to the hospital by ambulance. I was hurting bad, feeling nauseous, etc.
The DR on call ordered a 3 in 1 pain med for me. It made me feel better at the time.
After a couple hours I was able to go home. When I was sitting at my kitchen table
getting ready to eat, I passed out. My head landing in the bowl in front of me. My
family helped me to bed. After at least 6 hours of sleep I was fine. Whatever was in
the 3 in 1 pain med knocked me out.

eared2009

New
Reaction score
I have a tendency to when I'm sick. It was particularly bad with my pregnancies and morning sickness.

Reaction score
I fainted once after going all day without eating, then taking a hot shower. I was living in a college dorm at the time and the shower was down the hall. I remember feeling so horrible during the shower that I got out and put my nightgown on without drying first, went back to my room where I tried to call my sister who lived nearby. (Back in the day before cell phones :p) But apparently I fainted while I was talking to her. She later said that I just asked if she could come get me, I didn't feel...clunk! I had dropped the phone. Went to the doctor a few days later; found out I was waaaay anemic.

Reaction score
I remembered another two times I nearly passed out. Well, ok, when I was pregnant with my son, I nearly passed out a few times. I could feel it coming and was able to lay down and prevent it. But, when I was pregnant with my daughter, I could feel it coming and didn't make it to the sofa. I lost consciousness for about 15 seconds.

But the only other times I can remember were at my mom's and when I gave blood.

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I just had a whole bunch of grand mals when I was pregnant. And pimples.But I did pass out because of the keppra.On the bed so I was not hurt.

Cherriuz

New
Reaction score
Yes, at my sons nursery, as all the kids were lining in. Turns out it was a blood pressure drop